Cannot Hyper grid to other regions wearing non exportable item

Ask technical support questions about other topics
Genavieve Page

Cannot Hyper grid to other regions wearing non exportable item

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hi All
I have a question regarding hypergrid hopping visiting other open sim worlds.
A few days ago it was fine I could go visit using the sim open world beacon. yesterday I was wearing the same outfit and avatar I had on the day before and was able to go to other open world sims. but now no matter what I change into I get cannot enter worlds wearing non exportable items. I tried changing to a basic Kitely avatar and still got wearing non exportable items.
please advise as to what I can do so I can visit other open sim worlds again
thanks in advance
Genavieve xx
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Cannot Hyper grid to other regions wearing non exportable item

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

Does it tell you what item is non exportable?

Please try opening your inventory, right clicking on an inventory folder that contains a complete outfit (avatar + clothing) that only includes exportable content, then selecting the Replace Current Outfit option. This will remove any other clothing or attachment you may have on which is preventing you from teleporting out.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Thank you so much Ilan will try that now much appreciated a speedy reply
kind regards Genavieve
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

hmm still seems to come up with the same message to remove non exportable items and I was only wearing the very basic avatar from kitely avatars I have nothing else in my inventory to try. very strange
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please go to the Kitely Starter Avatars world and take one of the provided avatars into your inventory. Next, right click that folder in your inventory and use the Replace Current Outfit option on that folder. This should remove everything else you may have attached to your avatar and only wear the contents of that folder. If any HUD or other attachment remains after doing that then please detach it manually as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Hi Ilan
yes I had done that although seems to still come up with cannot teleport as I am wearing non exportable item, yet does not tell me what it is. I am wondering if there is a glitch on my region or something else going on. I will try from a different Kitely region to HG out. it is just strange as I have tried many of the kitely world avatars from the starter avatar grid and get the same outcome. thank you though for your support
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please open Firestorm > Avatar > Take Off and select the Detach All option. See: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_menus

After you've done that, please open Firestorm > Viewer > Preferences > Network & Files > Directories and click both the Clear Cache and Clear Inventory Cache buttons. Then restart your viewer and log back into the Kitely Welcome Center (click the Kitely Welcome Center link on our viewer login page then the viewer's Login button).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Genavieve PageSelby EvansAda Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

It sounds like Kitely Starter Avatars needs a stripped down test avatar - clean body parts - Shape, Skin, Hair, Eyes with baked in clothing, minimal textures and nothing else - too bad I can't use the system stuff and still keep the G-rating.
I just put it on my to-do list, but that list is long and I won't be able to get to it immediately. Soon though. People need to put something on to rule out avatar issues despite possibly false error messages from the viewer.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Ilan Tochner