Upcoming plan changes and a limited time offer (ends Dec 31)

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Re: Upcoming plan changes and a limited time offer (ends Dec

Post by Ilan Tochner »

UUIDs are grid-dependent and VERY unfriendly to deal with for people who aren't builders. We want to keep the web-based controls simple for laypeople.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ilan Tochner wrote:UUIDs are grid-dependent and VERY unfriendly to deal with for people who aren't builders. We want to keep the web-based controls simple for laypeople.
This is an area I am not fully knowledgeable of, so I defer to yours....however, using HG I found that when others get my key and use it to add to groups and as EM and such, it works very well.

Sometimes the names do not work so well hypergating is all I noticed.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Boo Rojyo

Post by Boo Rojyo »

Hi Ilan,

I have a question, apologies if it's already been asked a quick scan didn't find it.

If I upgrade to the Silver plan now, or take the new Premium plan in the New Year, will visitors to my regions who are on the Free plan still have to pay for minutes next year? Or in other words would my Premium (Silver) or Premium regions be free for all to visit without extra cost to me or them?

Sorry again if I missed the point here somewhere it's early in the morning for me.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Boo,

The only options that will provide unlimited free access for both Regular Account and Premium Account holders without you having to pay for time are the fixed-price world options (in which you pay a fixed-price per month for a particular world so that world will not have usage-based fees). The Metered worlds that can be created with the free region allocation you get with the grandfathered Silver Plan require each visitor-minute to be paid for. Premium Account holders (grandfathered Silver and Gold plans are special types of Premium Accounts) aren't charged for the time they visit Metered worlds but that doesn't free them for paying for time Regular Account holders spend in their Metered worlds.

Is it clearer now? :-)
Boo Rojyo

Post by Boo Rojyo »

Hi Ilan,

Thanks, that's clear.

So under the new scheme what's the cheapest option for a fixed-price world?

I'm exploring options for me to have a region or regions that are free for friend and families to visit regardless of their account type.

Thanks again for the prompt reply
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Boo,

That hasn't been announced yet but it will be significantly less than the cheapest fixed-price world option we currently offer.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Graham Mills
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Uh oh, I am finally starting to understand the upcoming changes. I had recently dropped back to a Bronze membership, not cuz I love Kitely any less but just cuz I am not spending much time in any virtual worlds now. I packed away my extra worlds in OARs and thought I would keep the two most visited ones, where I offer free houses and various Linda Kellie items, as a service to Kitely newbies and oldbies. I figured my only cost would be 10KC per day for the second of these two worlds and any extra time I spent in Kitely above my monthly allotment.

But I gather I am missing something here. If my time and/or KC balance will be charged for some of the visitors to these two worlds, I am quickly going to be down to zero, especially since my intention was to keep the two most popular worlds up and running. Yikes! Am I finally understanding this correctly?

Adagio
Ken Coach

Post by Ken Coach »

Hello: Please forgive my great ignorance; but, I find this pricing schedule very confusing.

Right now I have a free account and was considering purchasing an account as to not have to worry about paying for time, one region which looks like it would be $40 a month. Am I to understand that if I went ahead and did this I'm also going to be forced to pay an additional $20 a month for the new premium account set up? Why would I want to do that? There may be some good reasons I'm just not seeing them.

I am a educator and was hoping to find some place here it would be easier on the budget in Second Life as I'm developing a build that does not exist anywhere within Second Life. Some of my friends are using Kitely; however, again I must admit your pricing is got me very confused. Please advise,
Ken Meyer :?:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Adagio,

Starting Jan 1 you will no longer be able to have visitors to your metered worlds pay for their own time inworld. That said, you'll be able to limit access to only allow Premium Account members to access them and people on that type of account never get billed for time so you will not be charged for their visit to your metered worlds either. Alternatively, you'll be able to choose to switch your worlds to one of the new fixed-price world options which will free you from worrying about how much time people spend inside them, regardless of the type of account those people are on.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ken,

The pricing hasn't been fully announced yet so that may contribute to your confusion.

There are two types of worlds: fixed-price and Metered. If you go for a fixed-price world then neither you nor any other visitor to your world gets charged for time spent inside that world. You don't have to be on a Premium Account to get fixed-price worlds, you can order one on a Regular Account (which is what will replace the Free Plan) as well. In other words, you can pay $40/month for the existing fixed-price 1-region world option or wait for the new world options that will replace it come January 1st. If you order before the end of the year you'll get to keep the option you're using until you cancel it or change the world to another payment option.