Region Numbers

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Constance Peregrine

Region Numbers

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I was looking around for current regions numbers and all I found is an Oct 2012 number here, and which I know it is higher now:

http://www.kitely.com/about

Is there some place you folx have for current numbers?

I use these to point ppl to sometimes...thx!!
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Graham Mills

Re: Region Numbers

Post by Graham Mills »

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Minethere,

We'll be updating the about page numbers in our next site update.

Our latest up-to-date grid statistics are always listed here: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/statistics/
Constance Peregrine

well, ja, i knew they was there....lol...but that isn't day to day-))

And other stats would be nice to see-)) but np if not....
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Marstol Nitely

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Liked your comments about Kitely on the Hypergrid Business stats article Minethere.

Does anyone else notice how worked up people from other grids get about Kitely? They sputter, and vetch, and moan about that grid with "too many regions" or compare it disdainfully to "freebies" in your inventory. Oh and the ever popular and obviously overstated "no traffic". I've been to plenty of other grids (including Second Life and the grids on the top of Linda's list) that seem to have "no traffic" at all. Who hasn't? A lot of the nasty things people say about Kitely are more emotional than factual. They write the same tired misinformation, over and over and are corrected over and over. I never see them at mentors meetings or anywhere else on the grid. They seem to "know it all" but don't ask Kitely members questions or take in their responses to unwarranted attacks. So much of what they say is false that I doubt they have even ever tried Kitely out. It's actually kind of funny how nervous Kitely seems to make them. :lol:
Last edited by Marstol Nitely on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineBladyblue Bommerang
Constance Peregrine

Marstol Nitely wrote:Liked your comments about Kitely on the Hypergrid Business stats article Minethere.

Does anyone else notice how worked up people from other grids get about Kitely. They sputter, and vetch, and moan about that grid with "too many regions" or compare it disdainfully to "freebies" in your inventory. Oh and the ever popular and obviously overstated "no traffic". I've been to plenty of other grids (including Second Life and the grids on the top of Linda's list) that seem to have "no traffic" at all. Who hasn't? A lot of the nasty things people say about Kitely are more emotional than factual. They write the same tired misinformation, over and over and are corrected over and over. I never see them at mentors meetings or anywhere else on the grid. They seem to "know it all" but don't ask Kitely members questions or take in their responses. So much of what they say is false that I doubt they have even ever tried Kitely out. It's actually kind of funny how nervous Kitely seems to make them. :lol:
Ty-)) I happen to like kitely, really. I also try to see all this all virtual reality in the sense of innovative thinking. I think kitely is innovative, and I think the sl clone grids will eventually either have to change, or go away. We see this happening with those grids losing so many regions, while innovative ones, like kitely, are adding them.

The numbers game and those who keep piping up with inaccurate comments and disingenuous information only really appeal to those like-minded.

So many wish to compare themselves to the mother grid when it is so very obvious it is a concept that technology is passing by. Software simply does not stand still, and truly, even sl with it's millions of users over the years, is only really a few years in the whole scheme of things.

Somethings needs to change, and I see kitely as one of those somethings.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMarstol NitelyBladyblue Bommerang

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Minethere Always wrote:I think kitely is innovative, and I think the sl clone grids will eventually either have to change, or go away. We see this happening with those grids losing so many regions, while innovative ones, like kitely, are adding them.
I hear ya, Minethere. I recently had someone from another grid say something along the lines of "I'm so glad I stuck with a grid that's so much more technologically advanced than the other opensim grids." I almost fell off my chair. I won't say which grid it was, but it wasn't Kitely. It's a grid I kind of consider a one trick pony. No where near the innovation or customer service Kitely (meaning Ilan and Oren) exhibit.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineBladyblue Bommerang
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

Yep, totally agree; we can all see just how hard you work, Ilan and Oren, and Kitely is an amazing place, better and better all the time. Thank you and I hope you will get the recognition you deserve from everybody; you already have the respect and support of the dedicated gang here. :D
These users thanked the author Adagio Greenwood for the post (total 4):
Marstol NitelyBladyblue BommerangIlan TochnerConstance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

just thought I would drop in here real quickly and ask...

Since the market will not be going live until June or so now, does this mean HG is also pushed back to after June? thx-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mintethere,

Unless there are urgent things we need to shift focus to, we'll be working on the marketplace now. Everything else on our todo list will have to wait until we've finished working on it.