Change in world launches?

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Roswenthe Blackwell

Change in world launches?

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

I am curious if there was a change in how world launches occur? I didn't see anything here or on the blog about it, but I noticed this past week that I log straight into my sim instead of the wait station. I think I missed the last meeting if it was discussed there.

Anyway, it's great! I'm quite happy to wait, considering the huge reduction in cost of the sims that being offline gives, but it's still really nice to be fast.
These users thanked the author Roswenthe Blackwell for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: Change in world launches?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roswenthe,

We've done a lot of work to make sure worlds will start up quicker than they do on regular OpenSim but it's been a while since we rolled out any additional improvements to world startup times.

I suggest you look in your Account History page to see if you happened to have entered your world while other people were already inside it (or had just left it). In either one of these cases the world would have already been active by the time your viewer started the login process so our system would not have had to relay you through a transfer station to get to the world.
Roswenthe Blackwell

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

That's what's weird. Nobody has been to that world (Lumos) all week except me.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Kitely worlds start up quite quickly so a small delay in your viewer login process may result in the world being ready by the time your viewer tries to access it. I suggest you try measuring the time it takes from the viewer finishing to verify its cache files (which is when it finally starts the login process) until you end up inside your world.