Phasing Out Premium Accounts, and a Limited-Time Offer

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Phasing Out Premium Accounts, and a Limited-Time Offer

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We'll be phasing out Premium Accounts on June 1, so if you want a Premium Account then order it now. We've also added a limited-time option to get a Gold Plan.

For details, see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... ime-offer/
Freda Frostbite

Re: Phasing Out Premium Accounts, and a Limited-Time Offer

Post by Freda Frostbite »

And I am wondering how many prims one gets for each region or for each sim in a region. I found in the past that one got more prims by NOT putting worlds together in same region. Is that the case with these new offerings?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roxy,

Only people with a Premium Account can create Premium Worlds or enable people who don't have a Premium Account to visit those worlds. See this old blog post explaining how Premium Accounts and Premium Worlds work: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... um-worlds/
Freda Frostbite

Does this mean no fees for visitors to gold regions? is there a limit to how long a person can visit his/her own gold region? Sorry, I am confused by all this, as usual.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

The Premium Account, the Gold Plan and the Silver Plan (for whomever still has that account type grandfathered in) all allow creating Premium Worlds. That is their main function.

Premium Worlds allow up to a total of 100,000 prims no matter how big they are (in terms of regions). So a single-region Premium World can have 4 times as many prims per region on average as a 4-region Premium World (the prims are counted per world not per region so you can distribute them as you wish between the world's regions, they don't have to be divided equally).

To answer your question, yes, creating many single-region Worlds gives you a higher prim capacity total than creating multi-region / megaregion worlds.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda, no need to apologize. I'm here to help explain. :-)

People visiting a Premium World never pay anything for visiting other people's worlds so, only the world manager of that world might be charged for visitors:

The world manager won't be charged for any visitor type if the world is one of our fixed-price world options (currently, Starter World, Standard World, Advanced World and older grandfathered-in fixed-price world types).

The world manager won't be charged for any Premium Account/Gold Plan/Silver Plan visitor to his or her world.

You have to have a Premium Account/Gold Plan/Silver Plan to have Premium Worlds you can enter yourself, so you won't be charged for your own visits to a Premium World if you can enter it.

The world manager will be charged for visits by Regular Account and Hypergrid visitors to his or her Premium World if the world manager set the world's access controls to allow those types of visitors to that Premium World.

There is no limit for how long you can visit your own Premium Worlds but the server will disconnect you if you remain inactive for more than 2 hours inworld (it used to be 30 minuted but we changed that a while back).
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roxy,

We currently offer a free 6-hour trial period for testing out Premium Worlds but after that you need to pay something if you wish to be able to continue using that world. Either upgrade to a Premium Account and keep the world as a Premium World or switch the world to one of the fixed-price world options to pay a fixed price per month for it regardless of who/how many people visit it.
Freda Frostbite

thanks Ilan-- it all became clear when I went to the order page. I have just purchased a gold plan. I have NO clue what I will do with all that but it seems like a good long-term investment.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 4):
Shandon LoringConstance PeregrineSally CherryAlexina Proctor
Freda Frostbite

Oh and thanks for teh time-out change! That may be a BIG help down the road.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, happy to have you back Freda :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Freda Frostbite