Kitely Mentors Group Meeting, 24 April 2013: summary

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely Mentors Group Meeting, 24 April, 2013: summary

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Some of what was being built was not what we needed, so no, they might have been on the same page as you but they weren't on the same page as us. If the world didn't suit Kitely's needs we wouldn't subsidize it, we wouldn't keep it always on, and we wouldn't direct people to it. It would have remained a nice world built by members of the Kitely community but it wouldn't have any official place on our website. Call that what you will.

Wikis aren't free, they require setup, integration with other systems, backups, etc. The forums we're using now were integrated with our service to provide single sign on with our website. We later spent time adding features to them that people requested, such as the Like icon on each of these posts. You assume things happen magically, they don't. They require time and effort on our part. This isn't like using an external wiki hosted somewhere else. If you want to do that then you wouldn't have needed to ask me to create such a wiki and have it on our website. If that is all you need then just go to some hosted wiki environment and set it up without our prioritization delaying your desired actions. The only thing holding you back is needing us to do things that take us time to do.

There don't have to be company resources allocated to community development, people have been creating their own communities on online services even without any company involvement - Facebook is one such example and you can't exactly call it small. It's a business decision to decide to actively promote a more unified community and, and this is where we both agree, doing that requires the company to allocate resources. Deciding to prioritize the community building above other things comes at a price of delaying other things that can affect the company. If you had my vantage point you'd understand why we allocate resources to community building but aren't delaying everything else towards that goal. It's important enough to warrant our time but not to the extent that you think it should (again, we have a fuller picture than you do).

The goal of the homepage is to drive conversion, if we can improve conversion then we'll happily change it. The question is what will make that improvement. Changing the focus of the pitch might help increase conversion of people seeking one usage scenario but hurt that of others. It isn't as clear cut as you think it is.

Making the ad shorter forces you to reduce text size drastically so no, it doesn't look fine in any ratio. A design looks good at the ratios it was designed for. It isn't just about cramming the elements into the available space.

People are brainstorming after which people will help with the actual graphic design. This is the process we had with the Transfer Station redesign. Which turned out great (thank you Dot, Ada, Dennis and the others who helped :-)). I suggest you give people more credit, there are very competent design professionals here.

At this time the only thing holding back the discussion is this tangent we're on so please lets get back to actually working on the ad instead of talking about all the meta around it.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Marstol Nitely wrote:
Bladyblue, I'm not sure how you define professional, but I assure you, Dot fits that bill. We are lucky to have someone as qualified as she is working on this. She's not the only one on this thread with "professional" experience.
ok, now u gone and done it!! "I" am a professional!! A professional goofball!!! do not minimize this professional ability, it has value, it is important!!! I work hard at it, it takes skill, it takes time, and years of learning!!

Anywho....how is professional defined anyways? I dunno, really, and does it matter? If people wish to constructively contribute to the discussion, all for the good-))

I am reminded of conversations I have had with people over the years as to what constitutes making "good" money. And that always boiled down to what one perceives as good money, in the end.

I have made what I think of as good money in my life, but others find other amounts to be sufficient...
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Some of what was being built was not what we needed,
None of what we built was what you "needed". It was a project I thought of, not something Kitely had on its roadmap.
so no, they might have been on the same page as you but they weren't on the same page as us. If the world didn't suit Kitely's needs we wouldn't subsidize it, we wouldn't keep it always on, and we wouldn't direct people to it. It would have remained a nice world built by members of the Kitely community but it wouldn't have any official place on our website. Call that what you will.
There is absolutely nothing in the Plaza that you changed (without including me) that was needed to be changed or made the plaza any better than it was already set out to be. Sentual and I decided not to make an Asian-themed mall, we moved the community activities to one region instead of having them in each mall and the museum was replaced with a garden, since there were two large corporate galleries already built. I also asked Ryan radio to make a Destroyed mall instead of a urban mall. I contacted you to discuss the Kitely College and we both gave the builders images of colleges that fit the theme.
Wikis aren't free, they require setup, integration with other systems, backups, etc.
Wkis are free
You assume things happen magically, they don't. They require time and effort on our part.
I'm just hearing more reasons why the things you don't care about cannot happen anytime soon. Why can't you and Oren take two hours and map out a roadmap (with actual dates) to the development of the marketing campaign?
This isn't like using an external wiki hosted somewhere else. If you want to do that then you wouldn't have needed to ask me to create such a wiki and have it on our website.
I didn't. I told you I would wiki all of the information so the team could edit it together. You said you would create a wiki for us. It is not necessary.
If that is all you need then just go to some hosted wiki environment and set it up without our prioritization delaying your desired actions. The only thing holding you back is needing us to do things that take us time to do.
I am thinking that http://www.wikidot.com/ is a pretty reliable place to put a wiki.
There don't have to be company resources allocated to community development, people have been creating their own communities on online services even without any company involvement
I actually mean community development where the customers come together and create together because they are Kitely Residents. Not walled college regions and semi-private rp groups.

Not everyone comes here with a large group. People do not want to sit alone on their island with nothing to do.
- Facebook is one such example and you can't exactly call it small.
Once the feature to allow us to communicate with Facebook from inside our worlds is activated, then Facebook will play a big role in community development.
It's a business decision to decide to actively promote a more unified community and, and this is where we both agree, doing that requires the company to allocate resources.
What resources are you talking about?
Deciding to prioritize the community building above other things comes at a price of delaying other things that can affect the company.
You rezzed 4 sims and made a group. It took you 12 minutes.
If you had my vantage point you'd understand why we allocate resources to community building but aren't delaying everything else towards that goal. It's important enough to warrant our time but not to the extent that you think it should (again, we have a fuller picture than you do).
I didn't ask for any resources. I asked for a "yes" to an incentive program. Which I finally got. The only people at this point volunteering time to work on this is Dennis and I. I really cannot do anything until the Greeter HUD is done and we roll it out. He only got approval to work on it two days ago.
The goal of the homepage is to drive conversion, if we can improve conversion then we'll happily change it. The question is what will make that improvement. Changing the focus of the pitch might help increase conversion of people seeking one usage scenario but hurt that of others. It isn't as clear cut as you think it is.
I understand it benefits you to have people sign up for the highest priced plan you have. The people that feel they can afford that just sign up. So i understand you do not want to change that because you might not make the most money initially. But I hope someday someone makes the language there easier to understand so people not looking to pay a fortune can get started with ease.
Making the ad shorter forces you to reduce text size drastically so no, it doesn't look fine in any ratio.
Yes it does. Just move the sentences around. I did the same for my ads I ran there.
People are brainstorming after which people will help with the actual graphic design. This is the process we had with the Transfer Station redesign. Which turned out great (thank you Dot, Ada, Dennis and the others who helped :-)). I suggest you give people more credit, there are very competent design professionals here.
With no actual start time and end time to "brainstorming", no target audience to market to and no date for the ad campaign to start - this is all just casual chatter and a waste of time.
At this time the only thing holding back the discussion is this tangent we're on so please lets get back to actually working on the ad instead of talking about all the meta around it.
The only thing holding back the discussion is an actual goal and timeline.
Last edited by Bladyblue Bommerang on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Blady,

You didn't bring the idea of a community created greeting world to us, or using it for activities to help create an inworld community. The Kitley Mentors Group had built the Kitely Mentors Group Hangout before you ever got involved with Kitely: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... up-Hangout

The reason we invested resources into the Plaza is that the hangout didn't address all our needs and you were willing to take on the project of organizing the creation of a world that will and attracting merchants to inhabit it.

If you read my previous replies you can find mention of several examples of things we have had to do to enable the plaza to exist as an always-on world. It wasn't just setting up another 4-region on-demand world and creating a group. It required days of work of Oren's time and countless hours of my time with making sure it develops to address our needs. The time I'm spending on this thread replying to your accusations, the Skype calls, the IMs, and the time I spent inworld with the people who built the plaza are an investment we've made into this project. Our time is our most valuable resource and taking on this project has been a very big time investment on our part. An hour spent discussing the plaza is an hour less I spend doing business development with people who have no need for a community outside the one they bring to their own worlds. The time Oren spends building infrastructure for the plaza or handling issues that don't exist with on-demand worlds is time that could be spent on other very high priority things. Things the delay of which is costing our company serious money.

I'm sure you don't really need me to explain the difference between integrating a software component to an existing service and using a separate third-party hosted service. But you seem to ignore the fact that those two things aren't the same. Setting up a wiki on our own servers, integrating it with our other systems, creating a backup and recovery plan for it, and managing its uptime are not free. They require time and effort.

The things that were being built in the Plaza that did not suit our needs needed to be changed. I spent hours talking to the people who were building them to make sure that they built what we need not what you had in mind. A few small things aside, I like what we have now. I didn't like what was being built without my input, it was not suited for the various things we need the Plaza for.

We have our internal roadmap, some of which we share with the user community and some we don't. Kitely isn't a community-run project it's a for-profit company that works hard to make sure the people using it remain happy. We are very transparent with our plans and actively seek user feedback and engagement. As our time is very precious, small things, like this forums thread, can preempt our schedule and cause delays.

Education and role playing worlds are usually set for private use but the people who use them often explore other worlds. They don't require a Kitely community to exist but having one can be beneficial to them. There are also many people who aren't in big groups and that is why we decided to invest time on the Plaza now and not later.

You missed my point about Facebook, it was an example of a website were communities evolved without any greeters or company (Facebook Inc.) involvement. Ning is another such example. There are many others.

The goal of a for-profit business is to make a profit. That is what we use to grow the company and feed our families. If selling $5 plans in mass would result in more profit than selling other types of plans then that would be our focus. The goal is to maximize total revenues not sell a few high-priced items. The current homepage is very effective in getting people to register and a high percentage of the people who register end up spending money in Kitely. There may be ways to make it more effective which is why we are happy to investigate alternative designs. But the fact that something looks better or is more in line with conventional wisdom doesn't mean it will create better results for the company (see Google's simplistic homepage and consider what was conventional wisdom when Google started using it). It's not like we don't have anything to lose, we already have very high conversion rates from our existing design and focus.

Placing 5 lines of text in a 90 pixel high area requires using a small font with little spacing. Someone needs to really want to read your ad in order for them to get the message that type of layout conveys. It isn't a question of whether you can do it or not but rather whether that is the best way to get the type of action you want from the people seeing your ad.

The fact that you don't know things we haven't announced yet doesn't mean there are no goals, plans or time frames. If I'm discussing something now it is because I think the time it takes us is a good use of our resources now. I prefer not spending time, which is a rare resource for us, on things that aren't needed now.

I'm investing time having this discussion with you now because I want you to remain happy and involved with the growth of the Kitely Plaza. That said, please let us focus on things that actually help us move forward - such as designing effective ads we can use to help bring people to become part of the Kitely community.
Constance Peregrine

btw fyi smh tmi ikr tc and ttyl ciao

I helped my old friend Sunbeam [kitely name Lovin Virtualworldz] get in to the Plaza...so she is in and she is fine, oh yea-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerMarstol Nitely

Ephemeral wanderer...
Bladyblue Bommerang

Ilan Tochner wrote:Blady,

You didn't bring the idea of a community created greeting world to us, or using it for activities to help create an inworld community. The Kitley Mentors Group had built the Kitely Mentors Group Hangout before you ever got involved with Kitely: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ila ... up-Hangout
That has absolutely nothing to do with community development. It's just a private hut for a few people that the public has no access to.
The reason we invested resources into the Plaza is that the hangout didn't address all our needs and you were willing to take on the project of organizing the creation of a world that will and attracting merchants to inhabit it.
The hangout didn't address any needs at all.
If you read my previous replies you can find mention of several examples of things we have had to do to enable the plaza to exist as an always-on world. It wasn't just setting up another 4-region on-demand world and creating a group.
Ilan you rezzed it while I waited a few minutes.
It required ........ countless hours of my time with making sure it develops to address our needs.
It developed following the the diagram I created that you approved. It obviously met the needs of Kitely when you approved it on February 17th http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=185#p1059
The time I'm spending on this thread replying to your accusations,
These are facts, not accusations.
the Skype calls, the IMs, and the time I spent inworld with the people who built the plaza are an investment we've made into this project. Our time is our most valuable resource and taking on this project has been a very big time investment on our part.
You micro-managing a project you had already approved of did not have to happen. There was a full-time coordinator who was spending 20-hour days there through-out the build. Privately giving select builders instructions to build something you like to look at (without informing the coordinator of the project before-hand) had nothing to do with improving or over-seeing a community build.
An hour spent discussing the plaza is an hour less I spend doing business development with people who have no need for a community outside the one they bring to their own worlds.
You did not need to spend an hour discussing the plaza (or you could have added such discussions to the Wednesday meetings, but you did not.) I posted updates in the forum through-out the build.

After the build was completed I added the touch signage on the plaza and I asked Dennis Albion create the tour HUD - two things I added without discussing with you and you had no problem with any of it.
The time Oren spends building infrastructure for the plaza or handling issues that don't exist with on-demand worlds is time that could be spent on other very high priority things. Things the delay of which is costing our company serious money.
Developing community initiatives are high-priority things.

We told you we would be done on April 15th. You asked us to be done by march 15th because you wanted to make the plaza public on that date (I have no idea why). Then you pushed the date back again. And absolutely no one complained.
I'm sure you don't really need me to explain the difference between integrating a software component to an existing service and using a separate third-party hosted service. But you seem to ignore the fact that those two things aren't the same. Setting up a wiki on our own servers, integrating it with our other systems, creating a backup and recovery plan for it, and managing its uptime are not free. They require time and effort.
I have no idea why you would do that. Wikis are free and can function on their own.
The things that were being built in the Plaza that did not suit our needs needed to be changed.
Nothing was changed. Each shop was to have 10 shops with pre-determined sizes. That was accomplished with most of the malls. That is why there are 60 shops available there now. That was the original plan and we did not deviate from it.
I spent hours talking to the people who were building them to make sure that they built what we need not what you had in mind.
They all built what they had originally planned to build while following the guidelines to create a certain amount of stores in their malls. There was nothing Kitely needed out of the mall builds that were not included in the original plan. And you cannot show me anything you changed that made any difference in the original schematic.
A few small things aside, I like what we have now. I didn't like what was being built without my input, it was not suited for the various things we need the Plaza for.
That is not true. Every theme is the theme we agreed upon.
We have our internal roadmap, some of which we share with the user community and some we don't. Kitely isn't a community-run project it's a for-profit company that works hard to make sure the people using it remain happy. We are very transparent with our plans and actively seek user feedback and engagement. As our time is very precious, small things, like this forums thread, can preempt our schedule and cause delays.
Ilan you do not have to continue to write these walls of text here - that is a choice you make to get the last word in. It is not mandatory.
Education and role playing worlds are usually set for private use but the people who use them often explore other worlds. They don't require a Kitely community to exist but having one can be beneficial to them.
That ios not true of Role play worlds. I have no insight into the education worlds.
There are also many people who aren't in big groups and that is why we decided to invest time on the Plaza now and not later.
Actually you decided to do it now to be able to offer the incentives to the merchants coming into the online marketplace. I did it to develop community in the social areas of Kitely Plaza.
You missed my point about Facebook, it was an example of a website were communities evolved without any greeters or company (Facebook Inc.) involvement. Ning is another such example. There are many others.
A 2D website is not a 3D world - there is no comparison.
The goal of a for-profit business is to make a profit. That is what we use to grow the company and feed our families.
Yeah, I earn money to feed my family also Ilan.
If selling $5 plans in mass would result in more profit than selling other types of plans then that would be our focus. The goal is to maximize total revenues not sell a few high-priced items. The current homepage is very effective in getting people to register and a high percentage of the people who register end up spending money in Kitely. There may be ways to make it more effective which is why we are happy to investigate alternative designs. But the fact that something looks better or is more in line with conventional wisdom doesn't mean it will create better results for the company (see Google's simplistic homepage and consider what was conventional wisdom when Google started using it). It's not like we don't have anything to lose, we already have very high conversion rates from our existing design and focus.
I certainly understand the complexity of the start page gets people to sign-up for more expensive accounts (it isn't very honest business practices, but it does generate more revenue). And I understand that works out in your favor. I never wanted to promote a $5 plan. I created marketing to promote the $35 Plan and that was discarded. People that take a $40 plan and one sim will not spend as much as people that take a $35 plan with 20 regions. There was nothing wrong with the $35 Plan marketing ideas and it was clearly explained to customers instead of using confusion to generate income.
Placing 5 lines of text in a 90 pixel high area requires using a small font with little spacing. Someone needs to really want to read your ad in order for them to get the message that type of layout conveys. It isn't a question of whether you can do it or not but rather whether that is the best way to get the type of action you want from the people seeing your ad.
Not true. here it is the size that Cristiano specified:
Kitely merchant banner Ad.jpg
The fact that you don't know things we haven't announced yet doesn't mean there are no goals, plans or time frames. If I'm discussing something now it is because I think the time it takes us is a good use of our resources now. I prefer not spending time, which is a rare resource for us, on things that aren't needed now.
I don't know what this statement means.
I'm investing time having this discussion with you now because I want you to remain happy and involved with the growth of the Kitely Plaza. That said, please let us focus on things that actually help us move forward - such as designing effective ads we can use to help bring people to become part of the Kitely community.
I already did that in February.

And claiming that your input was the only reason the volunteers' project was successful is really not the way to retain volunteers. The Kitely Plaza Volunteer Team used their collective creative energy and experience in virtual worlds to complete their project on time and exactly as the schematic illustrated. They created 60 mall spots with 3 service centers, 3 fashion runways, 2 venues, 2 galleries, 2 volunteer hubs and a networking place for bloggers and journalists. Because of them it is a great success.

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Blady,

Several of the people who created the Kitely Plaza also contributed to the creation of the Kitely Mentors Hangout. The hangout was initiated to serve the same community-building purpose of the plaza and has been used for almost all of the weekly mentors group meetings ever since it was created. It is a public world but one we never started driving new users to because Serenity Sinclair, the person who was coordinating the build, had to stop doing so short of its completion due to real-life circumstances. I suggest you don't make uneducated assumptions about what was or wasn't discussed and done before you joined Kitely.

I created an on-demand world for the Kitely Plaza while we talked but we've had to spend a lot of resources to make it an always-on world that will enable people to log into it without any delay. Again, you disregard what you don't know. I've already explained some of the technical things we've had to do to enable the Plaza to exist but you seem to refuse to accept that you only know what you see and have no idea what happens behind the scenes or with other Kitely users. The plaza also has various technical issues which don't exist with other Kitely worlds which create lag and which require us to spend a lot of time investigating them and doing optimizations (lag on this world is still unacceptable and we need to spend even more resources on this). These are things which we haven't needed to do with any other user-created world. If we had only created the plaza world as another on-demand world the plaza wouldn't get new users directed to it, it would be an on-demand world that takes minutes to start every time someone enters it, and it would be a lot more laggy than it is now. Things don't magically happen, they require our time and resources to implement.

You told people to build what you wanted to build not what we agreed upon. The Plaza isn't what the schematic shows, themes are different, layout is different, purpose of multiple buildings is different. Things were diverging even further from the agreed upon schematic when I wasn't involved with helping guide some of the builders.

There are several community-built worlds on Kitely. The only one that is getting this type of resource allocation from us is the plaza. The reason it is getting this is because it is the official gateway for new users. My understanding from the conversations I had with you prior to making you the Kitely Plaza coordinator was that we were on the same page on this.
Constance Peregrine

I had gotten the not-to-involved impression you both were on the same page, also.

Not sure what has happened here, either, and mainly, I just wanted to add...

That the woman I met earlier today mentioned things seemed laggy to her.

HOWEVER

Nobody else I have met has and I don't have any special lagging issues myself...certainly nothing compared to many other grids, such as sl.

I usually suspect it has to do with one's own computer and also how they have configured [or not] their viewers.

Most people keep default settings on both of those, which is a mistake...but since it is impossible to go thru all that without sitting at their computers I just say, "oh, well, they are working on that"

Which is nice to be able to say, since I am not "they"....lololol

Ephemeral wanderer...
Bladyblue Bommerang

Ilan Tochner wrote:Blady,

Several of the people who created the Kitely Plaza also contributed to the creation of the Kitely Mentors Hangout.
That Kitely mentor hangout is a private region with no access. It is the opposite of community development.

The hangout was initiated to serve the same community-building purpose of the plaza and has been used for almost all of the weekly mentors group meetings ever since it was created. It is a public world but one we never started driving new users to because Serenity Sinclair, the person who was coordinating the build, had to stop doing so short of its completion due to real-life circumstances. I suggest you don't make uneducated assumptions about what was or wasn't discussed and done before you joined Kitely.
My 'assumptions' are not uneducated. An incomplete private build is not at all comparable to the Plaza project.
I created an on-demand world for the Kitely Plaza while we talked but we've had to spend a lot of resources to make it an always-on world that will enable people to log into it without any delay. Again, you disregard what you don't know. I've already explained some of the technical things we've had to do for enabling the Plaza to exist but you seem to refuse to accept that you only know what you see and have no idea what happens behind the scenes or with other Kitely users.
When you have a bunch of your paying customers working for free to build you something that would have cost you quite a bit of money, you do not constantly moan about how much work they caused you. That does not make much sense.
The plaza also has various technical issues which don't exist with other worlds which create lag and which require us to spend a lot of time investigating them and doing optimizations (lag on this world is still unacceptable and we need to spend even more resources on this). These are things which we haven't needed to do with any other user-created world.
You told me you feel the lag may be an external issue and not a Kitely issue. Also, you said that Kitely Plaza would not be the hypergate landing area for Kitely Worlds. You should think about making the Plaza on-demand again if it will help solve some of the lag issues.
If we had only created the plaza world as another on-demand world the plaza wouldn't get new users directed to it, it would be an on-demand world that takes minutes to start every time someone enters it, and it would be a lot more laggy than it is now.
Why would an on-demand world be more laggy than a world that is online all of time? My 16 sims aren't as laggy as Kitely Plaza.
Things don't magically happen, they require our time and resources to implement.
Resources like 8 builders working for three months to build a 4-sim mall.
You told people to build what you wanted to build not what we agreed upon.
Not true. People were chosen to bulld in the style that they knew best. The Goth mall was built exactly as Sentual designed it. The only thing you made her change was to put torches instead of spotlights on her runway there. That is not anything that matters at all. Everything that was in the schematic was built.

Mat was chosen to build an old Victorian London SoHo area because that was his forte. I had no idea you had him tear it all down and build two office buildings instead. It doe not adversely effect the project, but it does show the builders that you were not speaking to me before you went to them and demanded changes.
The Plaza isn't what the schematic shows, themes are different, layout is different, purpose of multiple buildings is different. Things were diverging even further from the agreed upon schematic when I wasn't involved with helping guide some of the builders.
absolutely not true. Space Station mall, Goth Mall, School Mall, Urban Mall and Steampunk Mall - all built as the schematic originally indicates.
There are several community-built worlds on Kitely. The only one that is getting this type of resource allocation from us is the plaza. The reason it is getting this is because it is the official gateway for new users. My understanding from the conversations I had with you prior to making you the Kitely Plaza coordinator was that we were on the same page on this.
You really didn't "make me" the Kitely Plaza Coordinator. I was the one that designed it and volunteered to recruit the builders and see the project through.

We worked hard to meet the April 15th deadline. Right after April 15th, phase 2 of the plaza plan was to populate it. This is where the communication fell off.

It took me another 15 days of begging to get you to agree to an greeter incentive program. By then, I had to beg Dennis to make the greeter HUD and the other scripted devices we need to start working with volunteers to make the plaza viable. A big empty city is not the best initial impression for new folks.

Now Dennis may have the google data base working so the HUD can function efficiently. I already have a few recruits waiting to get started. I'll send you the google greeter schedule by this weekend.
Bladyblue Bommerang

Minethere Always wrote:I had gotten the not-to-involved impression you both were on the same page, also.
We were until half-way into the build when Ilan decided to start micro-managing. It wasn't worth trying to discuss all of his changes I saw after he made them (without speaking to me) because it would have just delayed the project - and nothing he changed really mattered anyway. We still had the 60 mall spots and the community areas we needed.

If it had become a design tug-o-war, the builders would have probably run off, leaving the place in shambles. So I just supported his changes to keep the volunteers stable. It would have been less stressful for me if I was spoken to before the builders about changes and I didn't have to log on and see the changes afterwards. That is undermining an volunteer coordinator and not staying on the same page. But the builders were professional and did a great job. That is all I wanted from them. They built a great community telehub. And I do not know of any other virtual world that can boast that their telehub was built by the residents.

I was even asked to present the project to the non-profit community in Second Life. They were very impressed with the outcome of successful virtual crowd-sourcing.

I just wish that we could have made a smooth transition into the greeter and mentor programs in the plaza without all of this waiting time. It is a shame that it has to sit empty like that most of the summer.

Nobody else I have met has and I don't have any special lagging issues myself...certainly nothing compared to many other grids, such as sl.

I usually suspect it has to do with one's own computer and also how they have configured [or not] their viewers.

Most people keep default settings on both of those, which is a mistake...but since it is impossible to go through all that without sitting at their computers I just say, "oh, well, they are working on that"

Which is nice to be able to say, since I am not "they"....lololol
I thought it cleared-up alot since Mat found his NPC scripts spamming the place. But Ilan has the console that sees all of it - so if he says it's still bad, then it probably is. Hopefully Oren will fight the good fight and sort it out. he usually does.