Ways to Help?

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
ShowStopper Eclipse

Ways to Help?

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

What sort of ways we as members can volunteer to help Kitely?
Constance Peregrine

Re: Ways to Help?

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ShowStópper LadyTothian wrote:What sort of ways we as members can volunteer to help Kitely?
Well, i dunno about anyone else, and i kinda like to do my own thing, on my own schedule 'cause if i wanted schedules I would spend more time in rl, ya knowz...

but I do this...

http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=293 -))))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi ShowStopper,

You can come to the mentor's meetings on Wednesdays at 1 pm SL.

Here's link to a thread about the volunteer instructor program: http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php? ... teer#p1421

Bladyblue Bommerang is pretty much the go to person for info. on volunteering and events a Kitely Plaza.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineAutumn Dreams
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi ShowStopper,

Helping Kitely can be done in all sorts of ways:

1) Hanging out in the Kitely Plaza and greeting new comers who log in. Providing them with information about what makes Kitely special and how things work here. Most people need help in figuring out the benefits of time-based billing or the differences between the various billing options. Many aren't aware of the fact that there are many worlds that can be visited for free or that they can create their own world with 100,000 prims.

2) Initiating, organizing and/or participating in community building activities. Creating promotional materials for them and/or sharing the news about them in social media sites.

3) Helping with the design of elements that we try to crowdsource. For example, the creation of banner ads and ad landing pages for the upcoming marketing campaign.

4) Helping spread the world inside SL, other grids, in blogs and in forums about the benefits of using Kitely and the upcoming Kitely Market. No spamming please, just personal invitations, testimonials, and putting up signs in locations you control (like some people have mentioned they've done on their SL land in one of the forum threads).

Most of these efforts require little or no coordination with other people but there are initiatives for organizing them. For example, Blady is working to set up #1 and #2 so people's efforts are put to best use. Whereas I discuss #3 in the Kitely Mentors Group meetings and in these forums.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Autumn Dreams