Linking Avatars in other Grids

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Dragon Ronin

Linking Avatars in other Grids

Post by Dragon Ronin »

As Dragon Ronin in Kitely I am not Dragon Ronin in GCG. To come here as Dragon Ronin @ gcg I do not have any of the ownership or access to the Market in Kitely and Dragon Ronin@ kitely cannot get or send stuff to Dragon Ronin in GCG for testing delivery etc. I can certainly understand reasons of Security for not doing this randomly, but it would be nice to have a secure procedure to make that link, and have both act as one person with equal rights both ways.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Linking Avatars in other Grids

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dragon,

I agree that would be a nice feature to have, and I'll be happy to evaluate it for inclusion in a future system update, but I doubt we'll implement it in the foreseeable future due to the amount of development and operational effort it would require.
Dragon Ronin

Post by Dragon Ronin »

To Inworldz and Sl I can imagine there would be difficulties , but this is the hypergrid, and you are already set up to make sales to those grids. When we were talking about a specifically GCG Market place,you offered that Kitely was that marketplace for every place in the Hypergrid and had all that logistics worked out already. As you have already the means for verifying Dragon Ronin @ GCG is real enough to send content to that avatar for sales, then it is only a matter of matching the two names Dragon Ronin @ Kitely and Dragon Ronin @ Gcg as the same person to merge (or link) them in your database. (and of course for all the other folk with multiple personalities,congregating them) I would think that the result would lower the volume needed on your computers over carrying each personality separately.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's about resource management and how to make the most of those we have: computer time is cheap, our time is not. Verifying identities on multiple systems we don't control and adjusting those associations when people move grids or grid settings change would cost us a lot more (in the form of customer support) than the loss of sales from merchants who would avoid listing in our marketplace due to the Test Delivery feature not working with third-party grids.

Our system is robust enough that you don't have to test delivery of every item you list to every grid we deliver to. You can do a Test Delivery to your Kitely account (which you have to have to list items in Kitely Market) to test that everything is included. If you want to test an exportable item then enable buying it for KC (assuming you don't already), buy it for your third-party grid avatar, then use your store's Sales History page to refund the item and get all your KC back. It's not as elegant as the Test Delivery feature but it will let you get the job done.