Economy and Land Prices

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Joe Jr
Has thanked: 0

Economy and Land Prices

Post by Joe Jr »

Hello Kitely

Due to the affordable Land prices in Kitely i am sure there will be many more people in the near future who will be heading their way to kitely to claim their free time based land. Im sure many will be testing out the service here and it will take them time to get used to the new environment in kitely.For a time based land it is cost around $5 for 2 regions which is so much affordable than SL .

Well if i am to start a realty business here in kitely i am sure that the economy is strong. At this moment everyone can own a land here.

Just like in Real Life property values goes up and down depending on location and properties. Kitely at the moment is selling 1 full unlimited region for $40 , it shows that i will need to sell cheaper than that , and its not a problem.

My question are will kitely control the economy in terms of land price hike,Land values in the future . In this way realty businesses can bring up and down the prices of the land the selling . maybe we could use the real life property value module ? but offcourse we hope that kitely would not bring down the price to below $40

My last question will kitely in the future raised the land prices, and to those who sign up early will maintain their low land price subscription for as long as they are here ?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Economy and Land Prices

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Joe Jr,

As with any service provider, our prices may go up or down over time in accordance with market dynamics. In the past, when we changed the available plans we enabled people who were on the old plans to remain on them if they wished (and a few remained on the Platinum Plan we no longer offer). While I can't predict the future, it will probably make sense for us to follow a similar policy if we make adjustments to our plans again.

Land barons make up a good portion of Linden Lab's revenue and have a big say in how Second Life land is priced. If we get to a point where a lot of the money we make comes from land barons then I think it's safe to say we'll want to keep those people happy as well. That said, I don't see us giving up the option for people to get their own world for free (even if it is only for a limited time per month).
Joe Jr
Has thanked: 0

Post by Joe Jr »

Well said :) i think kitely is going to a very good direction.

Thanks
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Joe :-)