Popups and a Hypergrid link

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Snoots Dwagon

Popups and a Hypergrid link

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

As a new Kitely user (well, I logged in some time ago, but...) two things I think would be great:

1) Simplify the login screen. I get popup after popup that really confuses the page (maybe links instead of popup windows?)

2) A very visible hypergrid link on the webpage home so those wishing to come to Kitely from elsewhere can easily figure out how to do so.

Hope this helps!
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteSelby EvansRobert Stanley
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Re: Popups and a Hypergrid link

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for your feedback Snoots,

Are you referring to the viewer grid login page? What popups are you referring to? (what do you click/press to see them?)

Every Kitely world has a big Enter World button you can press to Login/TP into that world with a Kitely avatar. Hypergrid-enabled Kitely Worlds also have those worlds' Hypergrid address displayed on their world pages (so non-Kitely users will be able to TP to these worlds from inside the viewer).

Are you suggesting we add the Kitely Welcome Center's Hypergrid address to the Kitely homepage?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteSnoots Dwagon
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=)
what, for me (& others) misses is for exemple the http://grid.kitely.com:8002 nr on page 'also on website', so pple can tp easier & find kitely easier :)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyMichael Timeless
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

Chris Namaste wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 pm
=)
what, for me (& others) misses is for exemple the http://grid.kitely.com:8002 nr on page 'also on website', so pple can tp easier & find kitely easier :)
When I was on another grid, it took me a long time to find the hypergrid address. I had to google and found it on an old Kitely blog post, but I fear others may not take that time and just not visit.

If me as a Kitely regular has a hard time HGing from another avie on another account, I would think brand new HGers would have double the hard time or more. So I agree with Snoots and Chris. It would be a huge help.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessChris NamasteSnoots Dwagon
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Hallo Ilan. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this.

Yes, it's my dwagony opinion that it would be good to have a direct hyperlink to the Kitely Welcome Center, so when people log in from another grid... there they are! :D

Regarding the "page clutter", I'm speaking of the Kitey splash page... which is an impressive bit of coding. But sometimes simpler is better.

What I would personally prefer to see (just my opinion), is a full-screen manual-trigger slideshow of different Kitely locations (which really catches the attention of new visitors. I get visitors regularly to my Replicant City display on another grid because they saw the photo pop up on the Splash page). The manual slideshow advance would allow the user to linger on any one scene as long as they wish, and remain on the Splash page browsing locations as long as they wish before logging in. Great intro to the Kitely worlds! : )

For the Kitely Market, Forums, Events, etc... you could just have easily-visible buttons that would change the Splash screen to show that item, full-page (while still showing the other button options near the bottom). I think that setup would be less-cluttered, more user-friendly than the mouse-over popups --which can be confusing to totally new users-- trusts me one that ;D -- and also more informative. First it shows different Kitely locations, provides easy access to main splash page functions and presents those functions full-screen when clicked, ultimate maneuverability and informative nature.

That's what I had in mind in both brains! :D
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for your feedback Snoots.

The current Kitely viewer login page was designed more than 4 years ago, and could use a refresh. see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ogin-page/.

The Kitely grid's Hypergrid address is located on the main banner on our homepage, it is also clickable with an explanation for those who don't know what it means or how to use it: https://www.kitely.com/.