We've updated Kitely to OpenSim 0.9.1.1

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Re: We've updated Kitely to OpenSim 0.9.1.1

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

We're looking into improving Login behavior, our fixes for teleporting issues apparently didn't cover all Login cases as well.
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I'll pop in later to verify nothing has changed but I had teleport routing set to anywhere before the upgrade.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

We rolled out a fix for the login location issue you reported. Please check if it completely resolved the issue. If it didn't then please tell me which login option you used in the viewer (Home, clicking a world name, SLURL, etc.), the name of the world you were trying to enter, the coordinates you ended up in, the time the login resulted in an unexpected location and the name of the affected avatar,
GDS-Gaia-Paige Stormblade
Been thanked: 0

Post by GDS-Gaia-Paige Stormblade »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:44 am
Hi GDS-Gaia-Paige,

Have you reset the scripts after rezzing the replacement teleporter?
yes, I have, it fails no matter resetting them, but I did actually find a system that fits the system we are now running just a tad more advanced setup, in terms of the updated system here that system was already designed for this update prior to you updating because OSgrid was already ruing it. I have a lot of connections in os grid world, the items for the new teleporter came from os grid as well, we do a lot of testing on the os system through outworldz dream grid. because some of the users run a different system for each server version believe it or not me and you have the same fps on the 0.9.1.1. rock on!

New issue I don't know if all are dealing with this while in edit mode you lose the axis tool, then comes back or sometimes not at all and finding out your in limo connection in region like its timing out, once closing to exit the world, your loading bar speeds up to close out that's a dead or no connection action based on my experience with firestorm. limbo connections are when you're connected but can't operate tools in the edit you can hear radio and talk but no movements sometimes as well, your text delay to the world in local chat or private.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi GDS-Gaia-Paige,

What graphics card are you using? Is it by chance an onboard Intel graphics chipset such as the "Intel 630 HD"?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We rolled out a system update that should help with the group notification issue some people reported. Those of you who reported such issues, please test them again now.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
John Mela

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Hi GDS-Gaia-Paige,
What graphics card are you using? Is it by chance an onboard Intel graphics chipset such as the "Intel 630 HD"?

nope a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7850 DUAL-X 2GB DDR5 HD7850 lol you said intel giggles silly man that's a bad word at this company lol pay the bad word jar 25 cents, please.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We've rolled out a further improvement to the sending of group notices when the group includes avatars from other grids. All Kitely group notices should now be even quicker and create less IM lag for the poster.

We also rolled out an optimization that reduced the frequency and amplitude of CPU spikes, which are a major source of potential server lag. You should be able to see this improvement in the Active World graphs on your world's World Page when that world is active. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... erformance

Finally, today's update includes much better logging in order to enable us to further investigate the issues that we found in OpenSim 0.9.1.1.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteJohn Mela
Jeanne Lefavre 2

Post by Jeanne Lefavre 2 »

We tested this in Caribou today and seems to work fine. Now we continue looking at possible lag sources of our many dance servers. We are really happy with the positive response from the Kitely management and Ilan and the fast action taken on issues that we se here. Normally, the Caribou sim works almost like a dream even if there are many people here at our daily events, also coming from other grids. Could not be more pleased !
These users thanked the author Jeanne Lefavre 2 for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteIlan TochnerSelby Evans