We've updated Kitely to OpenSim 0.9.1.1

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Chris Namaste

Re: We've updated Kitely to OpenSim 0.9.1.1

Post by Chris Namaste »

loads of thanks ilan
(it's still happening, today with an alpha for sweater, i made it all over & all kindsa 'trials' and it finally worked)
thanks you all for the great efforts !
:)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Chris, but please note that we haven't rolled out the fix for the issue you reported yet. It will only be included in our next system update as it requires that we take down the system to roll it out (unlike most of our system updates since we upgraded to OpenSim 0.9.1.1 which didn't require that we take down the entire system to deploy them).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

The linking/unlinking improvements are tremendous! RezMela makes a lot of use of this, and it's now so much faster and slicker, and the old OpenSim problem with "zombie" deleted prims reappearing on region restart has gone.

Many thanks to Ilan and Oren for these fixes!
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

I don't know if this had to do with the upgrade, but something weird is happening. I have 2 worlds. One I've had for over a year and one I just purchased. Started the new one for real life friends and family who are in quarantine, bored and never even heard about virtual worlds before. So I'm building on the new world and the LOD for exact Items I had uploaded to my first world are coming in at high LOD. I uploaded a few new items that I made in the past couple of days and thought they seemed high (LOD) I then went to my old world and uploaded the same item and it comes in with correct assumed LOD. For example - Lolly-Pop forest I made in SketchUp, run through blender, uploaded to new world comes in at 8 LOD and when I upload to my old world, the same file, it comes in at 2. I've had my new world for a few days and checked object amount and I'm close to 1000 prims. Impossible, I make all low LOD items, I make very few exceptions in this matter. Anyone else saying the same thing? Thanks in advance for your time.

adding this - I uploaded the item on the old land and it came up at 2 LOD - I sent it to my other avatar on the new land via profile inventory drop. When I pull the item out of my inventory in the new land, it comes up at 8 LOD
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Selby Evans
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kimm,

First, please make sure you follow these instructions when uploading new meshes: viewtopic.php?t=3199

If you're already doing so then the difference may be due to the different physics engines used in the two worlds. Your old world uses the ODE physics engine while the new one you created is currently set to use the ubODE physics engine. Please try changing your new world to use ODE as well and see if that resolves the issue you reported. You can switch physics engine in the Advanced tab of the world's Manage World dialog.
Chris Namaste
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:14 am
Hi Kimm,

First, please make sure you follow these instructions when uploading new meshes: viewtopic.php?t=3199

If you're already doing so then the difference may be due to the different physics engines used in the two worlds. Your old world uses the ODE physics engine while the new one you created is currently set to use the ubODE physics engine. Please try changing your new world to use ODE as well and see if that resolves the issue you reported. You can switch physics engine in the Advanced tab of the world's Manage World dialog.
Thanks for the reply. Okay, so I checked both. The old one is ODE and the new one is ubODE. I put stuff on the Kitely market and usually put the LOD # for each of my products. How does this work from now on? I guess I won't list it anymore.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kimm,

Are you using the upload procedure that is specified in the link I gave you? There shouldn't be a difference between uploaded meshes on different physics engines that are created that way.
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx ilan (for all) and also the mesh info,

ive experience someth very odd as well (that never happend in kitely before the updates),
i donno, at all,if its related to update (ofcourse)

to be sure&give all info, ive tried toupload the jewel in digi & dyna - it only worked in dynamics
dynamics (went back to the olderversion after massive probl with new update),
so i thought 'maybe its related to update?

bc : in digi (they did updates-i donno what kind or what kinda - its not my field of expertise,by far)
anyway, the jewel cld b uploaded (in exact same way i always upload my jewels) only in dyna.

the mesh is from a reliable high quality creator that im customer with since about ten years (and upload that long as well)
hair & clothing has diffr way of uploading (just adding info)

it didnt work and showed an odd error i never had before,so i took photos to show (it did not give option to add mav block neither) anyway
pics attached for info & ihope i gave all required info:)
(for pple who want to add info regarding verticles etc : its not related)
thankyou!
chris
Attachments
oorr kersenFirestorm-Releasex64 6.0.2.56680 - Chris Namaste.png
oorr kersenFirestorm-Releasex64 6.0.2.56680 - Chris Namaste.png (126.65 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
hals kersen where mav block shld b Chris Namaste.png
hals kersen where mav block shld b Chris Namaste.png (114.09 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
hals kersen   Chris Namaste.png
hals kersen Chris Namaste.png (110.73 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

Are you uploading this into a world that is using the ODE physics engine or to one that is using the ubODE physics engine?
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx ilan,ive tried it in 3 locations in kitely, sandbox, BLUE PRIM and coopersville,
looking at y response previousely (just above) i thought this did not matter? (i donno?)
i hope this helps?
:)