Kitely will be down for 1 hour on October 22

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely will be down for 1 hour on October 22

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Zyzzyx, we've made some progress but we're still working on it. We won't stop until we completely resolve this issue.
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:36 pm
Thank you Zyzzyx, we've made some progress but we're still working on it. We won't stop until we completely resolve this issue.
hey Ilan, I didn't know where to put this post but I wanted you to know. I'm getting script warning /error messages all day. The items it mentions have been on my land for 8 months now and never a problem. I didn't know if it had to do with recent happenings.
https://imgur.com/a/bAbsMWC
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kim,

It's likely due to the same problem. Something with the combination of new system components (Linux, Mono, other software that got updated with the Amzon Linux AMI) caused Xengine to create a very high load that caused many OpenSim time-related events (such as scripts) to time out.

Please restart your world now and let me know if the problems persist.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Update: We rolled back the world servers to use the operating system and related non-Kitely software that were used prior to our system update on October 22. 5 hours have passed so far and our logs aren't showing any additional issues. In other words, it looks like things are back to normal. That said, please let us know if you encounter any problems entering worlds.

We apologize for this interruption of service and we'll work hard to ensure that such problems don't happen again. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during these last couple of days.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 7):
Ramesh RamlollZyzzyx QinanDot MatrixSelby EvansZed deTremontJohn MelaChris Namaste