Weefolk category at the KM listings?

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ada Radius

Weefolk category at the KM listings?

Post by Ada Radius »

I don't know how to categorize my new avatars, which I'm trying to add to my product listings. Some are like furries, as in anthropomorphic bipedal cartoon animals, except mine are tiny sized, though not "Tiny" Wynx type construction. Some will be more human-like, some are Chibi. Any chance of adding "Weefolk" to the categories? Would be defined as about .9m tall or smaller.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Alexina ProctorSnoots DwagonIlan TochnerPrax Maryjasz
Snoots Dwagon

Re: Weefolk category at the KM listings?

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

A Weefolk category would be good. Size however can be variable. Alternate suggestion is "shorter than normal waist-high", although judging a wee by height can be tricky because well, snakes, spiders, etc. Might need to leave that to general perception. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Prax MaryjaszAda Radius
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Re: Educational Tools category at the KM listings?

Post by Dot Matrix »

While we're talking about adding categories to Kitely Market, there is a real need for Educational Tools to be added as a category.

They are not "Business Tools", nor are they "Gadgets".

Given Kitely's obvious appeal to users at educational institutions, it is a missed opportunity for generating sales (and hence commission).
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 4):
Ada RadiusAlexina ProctorPrax MaryjaszSnoots Dwagon
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

"normal" waist height varies a lot. I got .8636 m (2'10") from the link you gave us in the Weefolk info note card, and rounded it up. Designers need a guideline they can build into their Blender files.

That said, my new critters height, leg length, torso and hip length, can be adjusted a little in the Appearance sliders, in case there's a weefolk who wants to be taller than other weefolk... :)

:)
Snoots Dwagon wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:35 am
A Weefolk category would be good. Size however can be variable. Alternate suggestion is "shorter than normal waist-high", although judging a wee by height can be tricky because well, snakes, spiders, etc. Might need to leave that to general perception. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorPrax Maryjasz
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

What distinguishes Education Tools from Business Tools? How would one know to look in one and not the other?

Can you please give a description of a tool that you believe deserves to have this new category created for it?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ategories/

Can't you use the most relevant combination of Creature subcategory, Avatar Type attributes and product name / description for each of your wee avatars? I may be missing something but I don't think a human sized dragon humanoid is inherently different from a halfling sized dragon humanoid.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Dot Matrix

Re: Educational Resources category at the KM listings?

Post by Dot Matrix »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Hi Dot,

What distinguishes Education Tools from Business Tools? How would one know to look in one and not the other?

Can you please give a description of a tool that you believe deserves to have this new category created for it?
"Educational Resources" would probably be a better term than "Education Tools".

The current subcategories of Business Tools are: Advertising Systems, Guides and Tutorials, Rental Systems, Retail Displays, Vendor Machines. In other words, the category comprises mainly tools to support running inworld businesses.

The current subcategories of Gadgets are: Chat Enhancements, Information Management, Multi-Use Gadgets, Other Gadgets, Particle Effects, Pose Stands, Security, Teleporters

Graham's Blockboard is currently placed in Gadgets: Information Management. Brayla's Chalkboard is similarly classified.

Many of the interactive Educational Resources would probably be classified as Gadgets in the current scheme -- that's fine, but...

There is an issue with maturity ratings. Some of the "Gadgets" are definitely Adult. Colleagues in educational institutions are unlikely to be impressed if directed to the Gadgets category only to find inappropriate content side by side with items they might like to use in their virtual classrooms.

I've already received comments along these lines with respect to the categorisation of RezMela Melablocks.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 4):
John MelaAlexina ProctorAda RadiusPrax Maryjasz
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

I've gone over the Gadgets category and I couldn't find any Adult content that isn't already rated Adult. This means that only users that have set their account maturity rating to Adult will see these items listed. As the maturity rating for new accounts is set to Moderate by default, and as Kitely Market products are also filtered based on the user's Maturity Rating and their explicit Kitely Market Maturity Rating search criteria, Adult content shouldn't be visible to people who haven't elected to have it included.
Dot Matrix

Re: Educational Resources category at the KM listings?

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks, Ilan. I am aware of that.

However, in other places Kitely takes great care not to cause problems for those working in educational and business settings, such as making sure the default Kitely avatars are business/education safe from clothing accidents.

The individual I mentioned was someone who had unwittingly changed the settings of their account at some point, had forgotten about it, and who was startled and concerned when confronted with the Adult content alongside an educational product they had worked on. Accidents do happen.

One way of mitigating this might be to move the subcategory "Information Management" from "Gadgets" to "Business Tools". Would that be possible as a compromise?
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 5):
Ramesh RamlollRezMela AppsAda RadiusAlexina ProctorPrax Maryjasz
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

The term "gadgets" trivialises products, almost like calling them "toys", and certainly isn't suitable for many of the products that we have in the pipeline.
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 6):
Dot Matrixludovic lotoahRamesh RamlollAlexina ProctorAda RadiusPrax Maryjasz