Weefolk category at the KM listings?

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Re: Weefolk category at the KM listings?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi John,

What descriptive category path would you categorize your products?
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I don't think the current attributes are adequate for weefolk. I think they're annoying for people looking for weefolk avatars, furniture, boats, houses, clothing and accessories, and annoying for normal sized av genres who find themselves directed to stuff for weefolk.

Example: "Normal" sized furries will be quite annoyed at being directed to a listing that turns out to be for what they'll see as a Tiny. I know, Furries are easily annoyed, and make distinctions that even I don't get. For example, only someone not from the Furry culture thinks that my cat avatar is a Furry. Go figure, but we don't get to judge tastes and distinctions. Hanging out in some of the more squirrelly worlds, as I have even briefly, is how to find out these things, some of which I wish I didn't know. One of the things I really really like about the emerging Weefolk community in Kitely, is the explicitly stated refusal to discriminate between genres. Hoping for more immigrants from SL and Inworldz, and I think if we build it they will come.

Even with a Weefolk attribute, I'll have to do some explaining in my descriptions as to how my Wee avatars are different than Tinies, Dinkies or any of the other wee genres - each can be quite different, structurally, which makes a big difference in the kinds of animations, and mesh attachments needed. There are furniture and boat makers already working out how to accommodate the differences. Clubs already have separate dance balls for Wynx-type Tinies (folded vs resized armature). My avatars, along with Dinkies and a few others, use the normal animations fine, and that may be the trend, but we don't know that yet.

As I work out the armature and mesh issues, I find myself with at least three distinct types of Weefolk in my pipeline - human, furry and chibi. So I'd be combining attributes: Weefolk + human, Weefolk + furry (ya I know, but it'll work OK), Weefolk + anime.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 4):
Alexina ProctorPrax MaryjaszDot MatrixSnoots Dwagon
Alexina Proctor

Post by Alexina Proctor »

I fully agree with both Ada’s and Dot’s requests.

We are trying to build a Weefolk Community on Kitely. That means tinies, Dinkies, Ada’s new avatar, etc. That community is very large on SL and we have been fortunate to have a couple of leading Weefolk comes to Kitely to check out what we have. Where leaders go, so do their friends.

Kayaker has built a catamaran and a boat and other items for Weefolk. Ada has some furniture, Prax Maryjasz built some furniture, Nebby Newman, a major creator of clothing for Dinkies, brought over products from her stores and will be bringing in a lot more after the holidays. I will help Prax put her furniture for Tiny/Dinkies on KM.

Ilan. I think the Weefolk category is needed as part of accepting the Weefolk Community.

Respectfully,
These users thanked the author Alexina Proctor for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixAda RadiusSnoots Dwagon
--Alexina Proctor
Co-founder with Prax Maryjasz of Sendalonde Community Library
Library: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Wellspring
https://virtualpeers.com/
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

Hi Ilan. That's a very tricky question. We have a variety of products in development for different purposes, so it's hard to give an answer that adequately addresses them all. We're perhaps better focussing on each one individually when the time comes for marketting.
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixAlexina ProctorAda Radius
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

Please look at https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ategories/ and note the difference between categories and attributes. If I understand you correctly Weefolk don't just have different avatars but may also have different types of other content, such as Clothing, that relate to them. In other words it seems to me that this should be a value of the Avatar Type attribute and that Avatar Type may also need to be an Attribute of some of the categories we have now that don't currently have that attribute. Did I understand your need correctly?

If that's the case then which Categories / Subcategories do you think the Avatar Attribute should be added to?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

Would moving Information Management to be a subcategory of Business Tools address your needs? Are there types of information management tools that aren't Business Tools but are rather Gadgets or something else? We don't want to split up the tree so it becomes unclear where you should list your objects or where buyers should look for them.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
John Mela
Dot Matrix

Business Tools, not Gadgets

Post by Dot Matrix »

Yes, moving Information Management to be a subcategory of Business Tools will help a lot. Thank you.

If you look at the items already classified as Information Management, you can see how they would also fit under "Business Tools" as currently configured -- events, inventory giver (as for sales), notice boards.

A large subset of RezMela apps will include interactive displays, including apps that can be used to support running inworld meetings, creating museum and art gallery displays, even building business premises.

In other words, Information Management suggests a serious application. Business Tools is a better top category than Gadgets.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
John MelaAda Radius
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

Yes, I'm having a hard time trying to think of anything would be both "Information Management" and "Gadgets". "Business Tools" is a much better fit as a parent category.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, we'll move Information Management to be a subcategory of Business Tools within the next few weeks (this may require code changes and if so this will need to wait for a system update).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
John MelaChris NamasteRamesh RamlollDot Matrix
John Mela

Post by John Mela »

Thanks, Ilan. This will make a positive difference.
These users thanked the author John Mela for the post:
Chris Namaste