Verifying log in and teleport issues

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Snoots Dwagon

Re: Verifying log in and teleport issues

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Oren Hurvitz wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:58 am
Regarding the problem of teleports not going to the correct location:

I have found that Firestorm has a bug in how it creates SLURL's. It assumes that all regions are 256x256 meters, and as a result if you try to create an SLURL for locations above (256x256) the SLURL will end up pointing to the wrong location.

When you move a Landmark into your Favorites, Firestorm converts the Landmark to an SLURL. Since the SLURL is wrong, trying to use the Favorite lands you in the wrong location. But if you use the Landmark in-world then the Favorite isn't consulted, and the Landmark *does* have the correct coordinates, so it works fine.

I have submitted a patch to the Firestorm developers, and hopefully it will be included in the next release. See: FIRE-30768 - [PATCH] SLURL's don't work in VarRegions, for positions above 256 meters.

Oren, thanks to you an Ilan for that update. That clues us in on a local fix that will work until the Firestorm fix comes in. It's one that was already mentioned in another forum:

1. Parcel off the SW region (256x256) and create a landing point in About Land.
2. Put a COLLISION PORTAL device at that landing point, leading to the desired actual Welcome Center point.

When someone ports in they will be dropped on that landing point. They will immediately collide with the portal device and... because they haven't even begun to have the world rez yet, without knowing it will be immediately teleported to the Welcome Center. Result: touchdown! :D

If anyone wants to see this system in action, visit Wellspring <140,140,10>. Our bottom-of-the-ocean portal zone is visible from there.

Code: Select all

// simple Collision-triggered Portal script by Snoots Dwagon
// Requires that the land allow OSSL coding and the owner of the device be either land owner or qualified Estate Manager
// Suggestion:  place this script in a 5x5x.1m disc and set on the ground (or if no ground, at the bottom of the ocean)

vector target=<x,y,z>; // put your desired target location here

default{

collision_start(integer a){
osTeleportAgent(llDetectedKey(0),llGetRegionName(),target,target);
}

collision(integer a){
osTeleportAgent(llDetectedKey(0),llGetRegionName(),target,target);
}}

//Note: the double collision event is to insure the system ignores all lag and definitely ports the avatar... 
//either at the beginning of the collision or during (whichever registers on the region).

These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAda RadiusNora Eden
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~