Environmental Enhancements and Improved Scripting

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Environmental Enhancements and Improved Scripting

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We’ve updated Kitely today with several big improvements. We now support the Environmental Enhancement Project (EEP), which allows changing the world’s environment: its sky, water, etc. We’ve also added the option to sell EEP settings in Kitely Market. And finally, we’ve added support for many new and updated scripting functions, in both LSL and OSSL.

Learn more here: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... scripting/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 8):
Chris NamasteGraham MillsAda RadiusDot MatrixKrull KittyJohn MelaShandon LoringAlexina Proctor
Graham Mills

Re: Environmental Enhancements and Improved Scripting

Post by Graham Mills »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:44 pm
We’ve updated Kitely today with several big improvements. We now support the Environmental Enhancement Project (EEP), which allows changing the world’s environment: its sky, water, etc. We’ve also added the option to sell EEP settings in Kitely Market. And finally, we’ve added support for many new and updated scripting functions, in both LSL and OSSL.

Learn more here: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... scripting/
Wow! Many thanks to you guys and Ubit for this update. Lots to interest scripters in particular.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerAda RadiusJohn Mela
Baschar Gibran

Post by Baschar Gibran »

omg ok.. i see thats the errors on my regions...
i try to undersstand all this scripting things...

ty ;)
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
We are super excited!!!!
Now to learn it all.. but since tonight's story is set on a stormy Hallowe'en Midnight this is WWAAAAAYYYYY better!!!

Thank you Amazing Kitely Team!!
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Environmental Enhancements and Improved Scripting explains how to migrate from Windlight to EEP.

Region Windlight settings are converted automatically for older builds (thanks!), but if you have been trying to create a new build since Firestorm implemented EEP you won't have been able to specify region-level settings. Similarly, Parcel windlight settings aren't converted.

To use favourite Windlight settings in this new context requires them to be imported manually. The blogpost explains how to do this.

My question is this: to save everyone doing this as individuals, would there be interest in having inworld freebie/10KC Windlight sets made available inworld and/or Kitely Market? This would be similar to the boxes of Torley Textures already on the Market. Why the link? Because quite a few of the Windlight settings were also originally made by Torley, which makes me think it could be OK.

However, would doing this be "legal", not just a convenience? In other words, under what licence are the Windlight settings created that are available within Firestorm?

Thanks for any advice.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 7):
Graham MillsJohn MelaIlan TochnerShandon LoringAlexina ProctorChris NamasteJinna Mist
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Yes Please!!!!!
:D

This is remarkably easy to do manually, but time consuming.
I admit to getting a bit lost in the script component of this activity, so maybe I'm lost altogether.. LoL..
Maybe I better go read https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... scripting/ again!

Seeing as how it is just settings that are freely viewable, it would seem hard to make a case for it not being okay to .
But, what do I know? Sounds like a question for the wise overseer of the Kitely Market.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I've made a start, importing the [NB] skies (ideal for creating day cycles) and setting up a product listing for them:

https://www.kitely.com/market/product/6 ... P-NB-skies

Note that 10 KC is the minimum price Kitely Market allows. I will be making a freebie box available on one of my worlds.

Would anyone like to test these out? Feedback welcome.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteJinna MistShandon LoringGraham Mills
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

This is terrific Dot! Thank you!!

After tonights story I'm going on tour for a few weeks, returning in July.
Assuming you haven't finished all the EEPs by that time, LoL, I'd be happy to take a block of them and do the conversion/import and transfer them back to you for inclusion in your collection -- you'll teach me how.. right?? :-)
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Dot Matrix
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Worked fine for me. I should add that I tend to use a fairly limited range of favourite skies from the presets provided and had no problem importing those from Windows so the value-added may be marginal in my case. Others may differ, of course.
Dot Matrix wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 am
I've made a start, importing the [NB] skies (ideal for creating day cycles) and setting up a product listing for them:

Note that 10 KC is the minimum price Kitely Market allows. I will be making a freebie box available on one of my worlds.

Last edited by Graham Mills on Fri May 14, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Of course, for anyone starting from scratch this would be a very useful resource, not least by virtue of the preview images, so many thanks to Dot for her efforts to date.
Graham Mills wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:09 pm
Worked fine for me. I should add that I tend to use a fairly limited range of favourite skies from the presets provided and had no problem importing those from Windows so the value-added is may be marginal in my case. Others may differ, of course.
Dot Matrix wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 6:34 am

These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Dot Matrix