Extended Market Category request

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Snoots Dwagon

Extended Market Category request

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Currently an item in Kitely Market can be placed in one category. But on occasion there is need to place an item in more than one category. For example:

Dwagons and Chompies are both Complete Avatars first and foremost, but they are also Weefolk... and actually need to be listed under both categories.

I would enjoy seeing merchants given the option of listing an item in up to 3 categories (max) with encouragement to merchants to not use extra categories unless necessary.

Thanks for considering this, as there is the occasional product that's a crossover between two or three categories.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ilan Tochner
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Re: Extended Market Category request

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Snoots,

Kitely Market uses both Attributes and Categories in order to avoid the need to list products in multiple categories. For example a Dwagon's category is "Complete Avatars" and its Avatar Type attribute is "Weefolk".

To understand this system better, please read: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ategories/
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I understand. I do still believe there would be an advantage in allowing more than one main category on some items. ;)
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If that is the case then there may be a place for new attributes and/or attribute values. If you show that a new one is required and would get sufficient usage then we can consider adding it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Snoots Dwagon