Replace/augment forums with Social Network

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Mike Lorrey

Replace/augment forums with Social Network

Post by Mike Lorrey »

As I've advocated for a while, the "killer app" of vr/vw has always been social, yet I've always felt that Kitely was lacking in social tools to encourage the building of kitely's community. The community meetings are fine, but this forum app is a 30 year old technology. Social does not mean topic centered content like forums do, but person centered content like social networks do. To this end, I'd like to suggest that kitely work on adopting one or another open sourced social networking apps. Here is one example: https://github.com/opensource-socialnet ... ialnetwork

This should be integrated with inworld messaging so that you can communicate with people who are inworld from your social networking profile messaging interface, and have groups in the social network that interface with inworld groups, and also include interfacing with the kitely marketplace (which would allow merchants to pay for ad space in the social network page with products that are contextual to the content in a given social discussion).
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerShandon LoringKim McCabe