EVENT POSTINGS FOR KITELY

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Shandon Loring

EVENT POSTINGS FOR KITELY

Post by Shandon Loring »

We always put our Events here in the Forum, and on the Kitely Calendar.
And the Kitely Team has kindly made them visible on the sign in screen to Kitely, which is super cool.

We also put our Events in OpensimWorld at: https://opensimworld.com/hop/87079

Some huge advantages of this are:
- We can pre-post long in advance of the events
- Folks can see what we have coming up and plan ahead instead of having to check back frequently to the Forum (or worse forgetting to check back and missing something they really wanted to attend)
- Audience can see ALL events for everyone, or they can just focus on the Event providers they are interested in.

Is there any practical way a system similar to Opensimworld's could be implemented for Kitely events?
This is probably a big ask... but just thought I'd ask.

You can take a look at how it appears on our Opensimworld page:
https://opensimworld.com/hop/87079
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSelby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: EVENT POSTINGS FOR KITELY

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

I'm not quite clear on what feature you're missing that isn't already available on the Kitely Events calendar.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Fair enough. Thank you for looking.
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

I get it Shandon. Their page is really good for drawing people to an event for sure. It's all about the visual design. Rule of thumb, you have 5 seconds to draw someone in to a website, blog etc. People just aren't drawn in having to read, it's the graphics that grab them.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Shandon Loring
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Story Link

Post by Story Link »

UPDATE: We had 2 new folks, unrelated to each other, tonight at our Event that specifically found us via Opensimworld Postings.
2 people may not seem like a lot, but when it's a struggle to get more than 3 or 4, two is a lot! Again, I don't think it's the quality of our event.. LoL.. though that could certainly be inferred, but an audience in Kitely of 5 often has a corresponding audience in SL at the same show of 15-20+

Lots n Lots of factors of course, a huge one being no central and widely used Event posting place for Opensim.

Maybe I'm misguided, but it sure seems like traffic would be a key component to the lifeblood of a grid... but hey.. what do i know? :-)

Anyway... my point being I suppose, is so far we have gotten some positive results using Opensimworld. So if any other Event Coordinators/Producers/Etc are not already using Opensimworld but are interested, we'd be happy to share what we've learned..

Happy December all!
These users thanked the author Story Link for the post:
Kimm Starr
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

I agree. Opensim uses a facebook like platform to drive business. Everyone gets their own page to promote their world and themselves. There are a lot of facebook like platforms for private business out there. Maybe being more graphic driven would be beneficial to Kitely. You could promote yourself, your store, new products, events and worlds. Share photos and videos. But better yet, people can get to know one another better. It's something to think about. Kitely is all about the visual, the sights and the sounds, why not take advantage of that? " A picture is worth a thousand words "
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Story Link
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!