Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (October 24)

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Ilan Tochner

Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (October 24)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Today's Kitely Community Meeting will be held at 1:00pm PDT in Kitely Welcome Center.

(See timezone information here: http://www.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... ific-time/.)

The meeting will be a social gathering with an opportunity for newcomers to ask questions and old hands to exchange information about projects and events.

We'll start by answering any questions that you may have about the Kitely grid, our always-on Dedicated Server worlds, or our Organizations (virtual grids) offering.

There will then be time for Kitely and non-Kitely members to discuss whatever else meets your fancy. Please join us.
Ada Radius

Re: Join us today at the Kitely Community Meeting (October 24)

Post by Ada Radius »

I can't get Firestorm to log into Kitely at all today. Ya, I reinstalled from a fresh installer. I can't tell if it's my system or Kitely or OS in general. It's stuck on "Loading Firestorm", or if I do get in, I get logged out of Kitely almost immediately.

Update: I can log directly into Kitely Welcome Center, after doing some considerable work on my system. But not my world. And even inworld at Kitely Welcome Center, the video is blacking out. So looks like a combination of something wrong with my world, and something wrong with my computer.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

Your world Emporium started up quickly with no issues, so I'm guessing it's something to do with your own computer or router setup. Have you changed your Firewall settings, or installed a new anti virus?

Have you tried restarting your router?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Thank you! It's on my side then, many candidates for causes.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

Ada
Just a few thoughts come to mind.

1. Have you switched to Windows 11 recently or done a recent Windows update?
2. Try reducing draw distance to the minimum, particles to minimum and removing checks on all shaders.
3. Clear all cache (actually delete the cache location).

It does sound like bad VRam on your graphics card is one possibility based on given symptoms. Especially true if you can log in here to the forum. If you are running an Nvidia card use the onboard diagnostic software to confirm or possibly swap in an alternative card. I may have some older video cards if that helps.
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

One problem turned out to be effing Adobe trying to hijack my RAM and bandwidth with it's always-on update services and Cloud services that I never use. Once I killed those, yet again, I was able to get inworld. Now I know that anytime I use Substance Painter I'll need to check it again. Until I can find a substitute or get a whole lot better at Blender materials. I had high hopes for Quixel Mixer, but it doesn't do the main thing I need done well - normal maps.

Once I got in, at least to the splash screen, I was able to clear caches and change graphics settings, which didn't help.

Ya I have an aging nVidia card, and wait times on ordering a new one are long. My MB is also showing signs of age, a USB port died, so I've started looking at getting a new desktop built, same problem finding a video card I like. I'll see if I can keep this system limping along for a few more months.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post:
Ilan Tochner