Welcome Center Info: How to create your free world

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Dot Matrix

Welcome Center Info: How to create your free world

Post by Dot Matrix »

One of the messages that needs to be put across in the Kitely info pod of KWC Stage 1 is how visitors can create their first, free world. This thread is to focus on how that might be put across.

Here are the basic steps:
How to create your own FREE world
1 Go to http://www.kitely.com/myworlds
2 Click on "New World"
3 Choose which Template to use
4 Keep the Size to 1 Region
5 Type in the Name of the world
6 Click "Create"
7 Wait a moment or two as the world is created.
How might this information be best delivered, given the deadline of early September for KWC Stage 1 to go live?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Welcome Center Info: How to create your free world

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

Our next build will include support for directly opening the New World dialog in the My Worlds page (using a URL parameter). This means that we can instruct the user to "touch this to create a new world" (or some better phrasing) instead of the first two steps you listed. We'll add similar parameters for opening the Buy KC dialog in the My Worlds page and the Change Plan dialog in the Settings page.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Does that mean it would be possible to do those tasks inworld by touching a prim button, say?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

At this time we're only enabling the direct opening of the dialog using a URL. You can't pass the dialog information from inworld nor can you skip using the dialog in order to create a new world entirely from inworld.
Allen Partridge

Post by Allen Partridge »

But I do think that 'Click here to Create Your Free World" or similar will be sufficient. The form will launch from the click and if we are concerned that filling it out is problematic we can encourage some augmentation to the web form. The key is to make it very clear that they need only click to 'get the ball rolling.'

I have the URL's and will build them into the signs as we discussed - but I'll use dummy URL's for Monday as Ilan asked me not to make the URL's live until we are ready for launch. It's simple to change the URL's.

--Allen
These users thanked the author Allen Partridge for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixIlan Tochner
Check out Virtually Human Builders Guides and Metaverse Ideas Center in Kitely: [url]hop://osgrid.kitely.com:8002/Virtually%20Human/119/31/23[/url] or visit my YouTube Channel to see what's happening in Virtual Worlds [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/virtuallyhuman/[/youtube]
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Great! Thanks, Allen! :)