EXPERIENCES - Getting them enabled in Kitely

Provide feedback, criticism or praise about Kitely, or suggest new features
Veritas McMaster

EXPERIENCES - Getting them enabled in Kitely

Post by Veritas McMaster »

At the August 7, 2022 Community Meeting we discussed getting Experiences enabled in SL. This thread seeks to follow our progress, documents challenges, and provide a format for discussion and information sharing as we explore the topic and possibility of enabeling experiences in Kitely.

Ilan's statement on the matter at this time is: We're open to considering it once it has been integrated and thoroughly tested in OpenSim core but that we can't say in advance before we see how well it integrates with other OpenSim systems.

[13:29:53] Veritas McMaster: I'd like to bring up experiences again and getting them enabled in Kitely. I've learned other grids do have it so I'm guessing it's possible. Makes a big difference with furniture & products. Would it be a big deal to do so?
[13:30:23] mike mchugh: I thought we had experiences already?
[13:30:35] Veritas McMaster: no
[13:30:59] mike mchugh: so can we get that turned on?
[13:31:25] Ilan Tochner: Does OSgrid have Experiences turned on?
[13:31:33] Ilan Tochner: (that is the regular OpenSim codebase)
[13:31:49] Veritas McMaster: Some one told me a few grids that do have it on, I'd have to find text to tell you which ones but at least 3
[13:32:01] Kayaker Magic: My understanding is that Experiences are not in the Master code of OpenSim and will never be added.
[13:32:11] Ilan Tochner: Maybe they're using some custom module to enable it
[13:32:17] Kayaker Magic: If some grids have it, they added it themselves.
[13:32:26] Veritas McMaster: I'll track down who and more info, thanks for considering
[13:38:21] Kayaker Magic: Veritas: I just got an answer from Mobius grid: They do have Experiences implemented. Rolled their own.
[13:38:39] Luna Lunaria: Yes, Mobius has experiences. I have a store there
[13:38:45] Nathan Adored: any indication if Mobius Grid if they're gonna make the code available?
[13:39:01] Luna Lunaria: Their code is on their github
[13:39:18] Nathan Adored: kewl
[13:39:21] mike mchugh: BINGO!!!
[13:39:33] Nathan Adored: SO, other grids COULD add that as a module if they wanted. Nice
[13:41:53] Kayaker Magic: Veritas: Mobius has a github, I think it is open source, might be a pain to merge it with OpenSim master code...
[13:42:34] Veritas McMaster: I wondered if there were detriments or expenses adjunct to adding it, Kayaker
[13:42:48] Veritas McMaster: the pain would be a coder/scripter's time and work?
[13:43:02] Luna Lunaria: Their version of opensim is a fork called Consortium
[13:43:14] Nathan Adored: I guess it depends on how easy or hard it is to bolt that module onto the system
[13:43:35] Luna Lunaria: it's a lot more involved than that
[13:44:13] Kayaker Magic: The NGC branch of OpenSim (Sasquatch) is considering adding Experiences, then lots of little grids could get it.
[13:44:36] Luna Lunaria: NGC and Mobius' fork are very closely related
[13:44:59] Luna Lunaria: they're all in the same dev group for NGC
[13:45:19] Krull Kitty: I think all virtual worlds need a data variable standard declaration.
[13:45:20] Veritas McMaster: I'll pick out the salient comments on experiences and make a forum post so we can keep up with progress & find info
[13:46:08] Krull Kitty: Like a RoHS standard for data interchnge
[13:46:09] Luna Lunaria: Contact Royale Mobian on Mobius Grid or on the Opensimworld Discord for info on experiences
[13:46:36] Ilan Tochner: We'll need to see this works well with regular OpenSim before we pick it up. Our experience has always been that when we add something that supposedly works we end up needing to spend quite a lot of work to make it really work (at least work well).
[13:46:55] Luna Lunaria: very true Ilan
[13:47:18] Luna Lunaria: it's never just cut and dry
[13:47:29] Ilan Tochner: So I suggest you follow up on it and we wait for them to fix the issues people report before we check it out seriously.
[13:47:35] mike mchugh: so not being a real coder..is this somethgn that sould be put in a wrapper?
[13:47:48] mike mchugh: module?
[13:48:02] Luna Lunaria: I'm not a coder so I cannot answer to that
[13:48:26] Ilan Tochner: It depends on how well it integrates with the other OpenSim components, if they assume something non standard is used then it could be less than trivial
[13:48:40] Veritas McMaster: It makes a difference to quality of furniture and other items that could be on MP and I suspect creators
These users thanked the author Veritas McMaster for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsKimm StarrChris Namaste
Veritas McMaster

Re: EXPERIENCES - Getting them enabled in Kitely

Post by Veritas McMaster »

experiences OS 3.png
experiences OS 3.png (44.11 KiB) Viewed 6934 times
I'm trying to figure out how to add a video to illustrate the difference but think it is the wrong format and can't see how to change.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Veritas,

You can upload the video to YouTube and embed it in our forums.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Story LinkShandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Oren posted on How To embed Youtube Video in Kitely Forum..
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=113&p=558&hilit=youtube#p556

I would be curious if it is possible to use additional URL Parameters in Kitely Forum also..
such as
Autoplay ?autoplay=1
Related Videos ?rel=0
etc
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

YouTube embedding is a built-in feature in the forums software we use. AFAIK, it doesn't support passing parameters to the embedded player.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Thank you Ilan, its a great feature as it is, that I had forgotten was there. Thank you.
nick buckler
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nick buckler »

Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum Review

In case you are looking for the best vacuum on the market that your money can get you, the DysonBall Multi Floor 2 is one of the best models to consider. It is a powerful upright, corded vacuum that’s lightweight, easy to use, highly adaptable as well as durable. In this article, we’ll be showing you the most important details and features of this best rated vacuum.

Useful Reference: What is a good vacuum cleaner
  • Performance
One of the key reasons why the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is such a popular vacuum cleaner is that its performance is consistently great on all types of floorings. From hardwood floors to tougher obstacles like carpets and rugs. We were most impressed with its performance on carpetings. Even when we pitched it against the thickest, highest-pile carpets we have, it performed excellently. The high suction power could suck up all kinds of dirt, dust, and debris with little troubles, even when they’re lodged deep inside the piles. However, we did find that the vacuum struggled a little bit when it came to larger debris like cereal.

Although the main head didn’t work with cereal, everything was cleaned up when we removed the head and used only the hose. So even when it’s a bit of a hassle having to figure out a way to detach the head, it’s an option when facing large-diameter debris.

• Design
Aside from an eye-pleasant aesthetic design with the bright orange colour palette, the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is considerably less weighty than other models in Dyson’s line-up. It’s much easier to drag this vacuum around the house as a result.

But the most notable design of the vacuum is the self-adjusting cleaner head. The sensor inside can sense the type of flooring that you’re cleaning on and adjust the suction power accordingly.

The brush roll has a cleaning path of about 12-inch and the entire system is fed power via a foot power cord. When you combine also the length of the hose and the extension wand, this best rated vacuum cleaner can provide you a substantial reach of about 40-foot. Though the vacuum is relatively bulky, this extra reach can make cleaning on stairs and hard-to-reach places in the house such as the ceiling.

The weight of the vacuum is evenly distributed so the entire machine is easy to manoeuvre around the house. The unique ball design of the motor housing makes it a bit difficult to reach underneath furniture.

• Filtration System
The filtration system inside of the vacuum is robust. The patented Radial Cyclone tech that made up the system can separate microscopic dust and debris. There is also a HEPA filter to pull allergens out of the air and make sure that they don’t escape the confinement of the airtight dust-cup. As a result, the health of everyone inside the house is protected, especially if there are allergy sufferers in your household.

The HEPA filter is completely washable and reusable, so you don’t have to worry much about maintenance work. Of course, the amount of time that you can reuse the filter is finite, so you will eventually need to replace it. However, don’t stress too much about it because each filter can last for years before needing a replacement.

Conclusion

As one of our picks for the best vacuum cleaners in the world chart in 2020, the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 is an excellent buy and a worthy investment if you want to get the best rated vacuum for your house. We hope that you’ve found the information to be useful.