Selby Evans

April treasure hunt on Kitely open now.

Post by Selby Evans »

April treasure hunt on Kitely open now.

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... -hunt.html
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineDeuce HalseyMarstol NitelyOzwell Wayfarer
Marstol Nitely

Re: April treasure hunt on Kitely open now.

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Very helpful. Sent a link to a couple of people who (like me) haven't done a hunt before.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Selby Evans
Sierra Jakob

Post by Sierra Jakob »

Nice work Selby! :) Thanks for getting the word out. Your explanations are so clear and the pictures are just great! This is a fantastic help.

About the World List Board:
The board that lists worlds is live--it's always current (not like a notecard that's already been given out). Plus---all you have to do is click the board and it takes you to links to all the worlds. :)---much better than any old fashioned note card. That's because whenever a new world is added to the hunt, this list updates automatically--we can't do that for a notecard.

About the Rabbit Hole--why it sends you messages:
I think it's just wonderful that he was so considerate as to give us messages while we are in the rabbit hole--because of course we have no control over how long it takes a world to come online. The messages let you know that you haven't been forgotten and the rabbit hole is busy working.

Dundridge Dreadlow has really gone all out to make sure this hunt is better than most people have ever seen--it's certainly better than any hunt I've ever seen. Much more interactive, fun and accessible due to this very cool technology of the rabbit hole, the goddess, and the boards.

And I'm so impressed with all people have done on their worlds to really get into the spirit of the hunt! This is one creative crowd, that's for sure.

Thanks again, Selby. It's just great. :D
These users thanked the author Sierra Jakob for the post (total 3):
Selby Evansoopsee joseppeIlan Tochner
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

TY for the info Sierra. I will check out the board and talk about it in the next report. I did click on the board somewhere, but nothing happened. You may want to see if you can tell people how they should use it.

I don't think the messages on TP will bother experienced people. I just mentioned it so people would know that nothing is going wrong.

I think the hunt is well done. I will write a blog later about what can be learned from it. I am always trying to tell people how to improve promotion of virtual worlds.

I still plan to do a video, later in the month.

Selby
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Sierra Jakob
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

I checked out the board and found that it now responded to my click. I have updated the article to reflect that.

I also added some suggestions near the end of the article.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Sierra Jakob
Sierra Jakob

Post by Sierra Jakob »

Thanks so much Selby! I think the blog is awesome. :D
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs