HGB: Kitely one of OpenSim’s most valuable grids

Tell us about external references to Kitely
Dot Matrix

HGB: Kitely one of OpenSim’s most valuable grids

Post by Dot Matrix »

Interesting opinion post on Hypergrid Business: Kitely, InWorldz OpenSim’s most valuable grids

The argument is that both these commercial grids have done valuable work in advertising and marketing to bring new users into OpenSim. This is suggested by the total numbers of registrations each year.

Initially, InWorldz had the lion's share of new registrations. However, in the first 11 months of 2016, Kitely has overtaken InWorldz, as this graph of user registrations shows.

Source: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/wp-con ... Worldz.jpg

The article also touches on the two grids' different approaches to community, technology and content, highlighting Kitely's modular approach to innovation that enables it to maintain compatibility with core OpenSim plus the role Kitely Market plays in enabling content creators to sell their products across the hypergrid and even into closed grids.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerBrayla SanaSelby EvansSerene Jewell
Agatha Ebeler

Re: HGB: Kitely one of OpenSim’s most valuable grids

Post by Agatha Ebeler »

I startet my journey through Hypergrid in Metropolis, as I found Kitely I was almost immediately sure, that I had found my Home in Hypergrid!
The most important reason for me is the Kitely Marketplace, followed by content-protection and landprices (which are really fair). Important for me is also the possibility to save my sim to my PC (I have lost so many sims in SL). Inworldz was never a possibility for me! I am not a big fan of totally closed grids since I know about Hypergrid. In totally closed grids I am feeling like a prisoner ....
These users thanked the author Agatha Ebeler for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineDot MatrixSerene Jewell
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Agatha Ebeler wrote: Important for me is also the possibility to save my sim to my PC (I have lost so many sims in SL). Inworldz was never a possibility for me! I am not a big fan of totally closed grids since I know about Hypergrid. In totally closed grids I am feeling like a prisoner ....
locked in and severely limited...once I found the hyperverse I knew I found my place also, and with the freedoms I like-)
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixAgatha EbelerSerene Jewell
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

That is truly what is great about the hypergrid. Freedom! It is something that LL refuses to learn has a market value in and of itself.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixSerene Jewell