Would Kitely offer Halcyon as an optional version of opensim

Tell us about external references to Kitely
Selby Evans

Would Kitely offer Halcyon as an optional version of opensim

Post by Selby Evans »

Would Kitely offer Halcyon as an optional version of opensim?
Speculation on the possibility of Kitely running Halcyon as an optional alternative to the current OpenSimulator, with Hypergrid travel only available from the OpenSimulator worlds. The special mode of operation that Kitely uses might make it possible to run Halcyon as an option on the Kitely grid.
https://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com ... on-as.html
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 2):
Don SmithMoonrise Azalee
Ilan Tochner

Re: Would Kitely offer Halcyon as an optional version of ope

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Selby,

For us to pursue such an option Halcyon would first need to work on the 64bit version of Ubuntu (Linux server operating system) without issue. Unless I'm mistaken, that is still not the case. Do you know when it will be?

Once that support is achieved and the IMA has vetted it and proved it to be a good technical replacement for running non-Hypergrid enabled OpenSim VarRegions then we'll do a cost benefits analysis to determine the business viability of your proposal.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansKeith SelmesGenavieve Page
Selby Evans

Re: Would Kitely offer Halcyon as an optional version of ope

Post by Selby Evans »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Selby,

For us to pursue such an option Halcyon would first need to work on the 64bit version of Ubuntu (Linux server operating system) without issue. Unless I'm mistaken, that is still not the case. Do you know when it will be?

Once that support is achieved and the IMA has vetted it and proved it to be a good technical replacement for running non-Hypergrid enabled OpenSim VarRegions then we'll do a cost benefits analysis to determine the business viability of your proposal.
Thanks for the info. I think you are correct about not running on Ubuntu yet. I will ask about the plans and road map. I like to think about future possibilities.
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerDon SmithMoonrise AzaleeGenavieve Page