Wired dot com led me to Kitely

Tell us about external references to Kitely
Raven Storm

Wired dot com led me to Kitely

Post by Raven Storm »

Having grown increasingly disheartened with SL (with no interest in Sansar whatsoever after checking it out), I spent the morning searching for possible alternatives and came across a 2013 post by Brigid Ashwood about Kitely here: https://www.wired.com/2013/03/virtual-w ... y-is-keen/

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of recent youtube vids about it, either (well, none that discuss the nitty gritty and/or showcase the amazing possibilities) - and what info there is seems to be a good few years old. I was worried that perhaps it didn't exist anymore until I created an account a couple hours ago and was relieved to find it still quite alive and well.

Naturally, I'll be blowing Kitely's horn to all my SL friends in hopes they'll also abandon ship and come join me; I've been throwing out links like flotation devices to the drowning and dispirited for the past hour ;)
These users thanked the author Raven Storm for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansDot MatrixAlexina ProctorMin Tigerpaw
Dot Matrix

Re: Wired dot com led me to Kitely

Post by Dot Matrix »

That's great, Raven! :)

I've been here in Kitely since 2012. It's the best solution I've found for building and hosting SL-type virtual worlds, and the availability of good-quality items on Kitely Market has made a huge difference.

As you mentioned, the 2013 Wired article is a bit out of date. Kitely has continued to improve and evolve its services and offerings.

Up-to-date information is on the Kitely Services page.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAlexina Proctor
skindup truk

Re: Wired dot com led me to Kitely

Post by skindup truk »

Having grown increasingly disheartened with SL
Welcome! im doing research into OpenSim v0.9... what features frustrated you? what do you wish for?