WUNDERLAND

Worlds that you created or discovered
Shandon Loring

WUNDERLAND

Post by Shandon Loring »

New Region opened in Kitely.. WUNDERLAND
grid.kitely.com:8002/Wunderland/124/129/22

Still creating and decorating etc etc..
Chief interest right now may be to anyone interested in Mazes..
The entire region is a 256x256 hedge maze created in the Terrain.
The ultimate low-prim design.. Zero!!

Feel free to stop by, and if you would like a copy of the Terrain or OAR file holler and will send to you...
Or if you'd like know how to create your own from a different maze diagram.

wonderland skyshot.JPG
wonderland skyshot.JPG (417.95 KiB) Viewed 5981 times
Last edited by Shandon Loring on Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerTonia KaraKimm Starr
Story Link

Re: WONDERLAND

Post by Story Link »

Storylink Radio will be presenting Live Storytelling of the novelization of Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' this November.

Any suggestions on where to find cool Alice in Wonderland related accoutrements or goodies would be most welcome!!
So any of you hypergrid explorers have hints for us where to look??

Thanks all.

“But it’s no use now,” thought poor Alice, “to pretend to be two people! Why, there’s hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!”
These users thanked the author Story Link for the post:
Tonia Kara
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Any Alice and company you prefer?
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Story Link

Post by Story Link »

Oh! Good question!
Really, just hoping for anything to 'wonderland' up the place.. LoL..
Bizarre mushrooms and topiaries and landscape for example..

Would love to have any characters from Alice actually...
Hatter, March Hare, White Rabbit, Caterpillar, Cheshire Cat, Bandersnatch, JubJub Bird, Jabberwocky

Would be really fun to have an Alice Avatar and Cards Avatars, then I could make them into NPC's and have them wander about the maze.

My current favorite iteration of Alice in Wonderland tale is Tim Burton's, if I had a Tim Burton-esque Cheshire Cat I would totally wear that to tell the stories in! Or Abasalom the caterpillar! Hatter too for that matter.

Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

You got it. Tim Burton is the man! I have Alice done already and am making the Hatter now. I can easily do the cards and the queens as well. I'll send you 2 versions of each. One for NPC so they can roam around the maze and one for the tea party that will be animesh. Animesh are lighter on the server. I have mushrooms and all of that kind of stuff as well. I'll take a look in my inventory and send them your way. I also nabbed some stuff from the internet, just have to convert them. I'm actually watching the movies now as I create. Having a Hellish week, this is a nice distraction today. TTYL
Story Link

Post by Story Link »

KIMM STAR ROCKS!
Helena Galani

Post by Helena Galani »

Kimm Starr wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 pm
You got it. Tim Burton is the man! I have Alice done already and am making the Hatter now. I can easily do the cards and the queens as well. I'll send you 2 versions of each. One for NPC so they can roam around the maze and one for the tea party that will be animesh. Animesh are lighter on the server. I have mushrooms and all of that kind of stuff as well. I'll take a look in my inventory and send them your way. I also nabbed some stuff from the internet, just have to convert them. I'm actually watching the movies now as I create. Having a Hellish week, this is a nice distraction today. TTYL
Hi Kimm,

May I ask how I can get hold of your cards, maze, Alice, Hatter, Tim, queens, and similar items for "Alice in Wonderland", please?
I would like to add to my simulation for my younger learners.
Thanking you for your time,

Helena
Allyson Wunderland

Post by Allyson Wunderland »

Hi Helena!
This Wunderland sim was built by Shandon Loring for some live story sessions that Storylink Radio did.
And I pestered him till he gave me perms to play around there! (I'm supposed to be fixing it up more cool, but I been slacking abit!)
Here's the land mark.
hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Wunderland/128/128/482

I believe most of the items on the sim that are mine are fullperm, and I think most of his are too. I will poke him if he doesn't respond here or inworld shortly. If you want to visit the world again, please feel free to grab anything that is grabbable, and if it's not ping me or Shandon and we'll fix you up. (The long fall down the Rabbit Hole is a really neat touch, but it doesn't always work when you first land... if you didn't see it you should try TPing away from Wunderland, and then TPing right back.. it's fun!)

The animesh was made by the Queen Of Animesh, Kimm Starr!!
She was going to make us some animesh/NPC cards also, but I'm not sure if she did??
Shandon said he doesn't have those.
You can grab a copy of the NPCs of Mad Hatter or Alice at our region if you like.
You already pinged Kimm here in the Forums so well done!!

You mentioned the maze itself, and that is simply made from the Terrain. So it is radically easy to setup, just upload the .raw file and you're in business! (well.. and add the terrain textures, easy peasy). I don't have those files, but Shandon does, and i KNOW he'll give them to you if you want them. The surrounds are megaprims that Shandon made offworld and imported. Again.. if you want those ask, he'll give them up! ;-)

Would LOVE to see what you and your students create! I love Love LOVE Alice (duh!) so am very excited about seeing you creations!
AND... If you find anything supercool that could fit in to our region would love a copy or head's up where to find.

Thanks Helena! Sorry I jabber so much, i just get excited about stuff!! :-)

- Allyson
Last edited by Allyson Wunderland on Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

I'm making the cards now. I'll send them to all mentioned above when I'm done.
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

See? I told ya!! Kimm really is the superbestest ever!

Hi Helena!
Always happy to see interest in Alice!!
I just now went inworld and bulk-selected everything that is mine in Wunderland and set it to Anyone Copy.

And yes, as Allyson mentioned, if you want the terrain files just holler, will send to you. (or anyone else that wants them lemme know)

We also just built the LABYRINTH region with a completely different Maze made from the Terra.
We built it for the 4-part live story presentation of the novel of the movie Labyrinth, lots of fun stuff there..
Bog of Stench, Jareths Castle, The Cleaners underground tunnels, etc etc..
Please feel free to visit --> hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Labyrinth/128/128/2

If you like that maze can also give you that one, or if you find some other maze you like I may be able to convert it to a terrain file if you like.

Please feel free to ping me, or Allyson, if I can help with anything. And yeah, would love to see your creations!

I run Storylink Radio with live stories and stuff, and a Youtube Channel.. if at some point you'd like a video of your creations put on our channel would be happy to!

www.StorylinkRadio.com
youtube.com/StorylinkRadio