The Natascha Randt Memorial is Open

Worlds that you created or discovered
Karima Hoisan

Re: The Natascha Randt Memorial is Open

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Thank you so much Graham, for your visit. I am so glad you enjoyed the tour and the world in general...I am smiling:) I hope Nat is too:)
Dzinwiz Babii
Has thanked: 0

Post by Dzinwiz Babii »

Gosh Sissy... It was such a divine pleasure to tour Nat's Memorial with you as my guide. I swear, I felt like I'd been drugged from the emotional immersion of all the evocative sights and sounds - over stimulated to the nth degree (lol). But so worth it (smiles). The amount of time spent crafting this world is apparent, but what struck me more than that was the obvious sincerity of heart that went into every single visual, sound and prim, from everyone who contributed to this phenomenal tribute. Impressive seems too dim a word for this... my term is "award winning", though I know that wasn't/isn't the intent. Yet, I can't say that I have ever had a more immersive experience in all my time in virtual worlds - this one beats them all! From start to finish... err, I don't actually believe there is a finish because once the formal tour was done, had I more time to spend, I would have hung around until evicted (hahahaha).

Truly, my darling, it was an honor and privilege to view this stunning tribute to Natascha. It's been nearly a week yet I can conjure up sooooooooo many pieces of the journey that I'm pretty sure you slipped me something on the trip, and I am grateful for it - more please, lol. Knowing I can come again feels like winning a lottery where the prize never diminishes. Oh, and I have to say that Dale's fingerprints and footprints on all the timed, scripted events and effects is mind blowing! Kneels before the King with bountiful praise and blows kisses to Queen :)
These users thanked the author Dzinwiz Babii for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisJoey Writer
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Awww Diz,
thank you for sharing this with me..Honestly, I would have left you in that float room you said you could stay forever in hehe and floated along with you for eternity! So wonderful taking such an appreciative guest, one who sees beauty below the surface of the tour, and to all that went into making it. Really, this comment makes me soar and I know because I Know Natascha would love it too.. Thank you sweet Diz for being such a wonderful companion on this Memorial journey and one of my closest most loved ones, on my all- time virtual journey..We've been trekking alongside each other since 2008. in any grid, on any sim..Your comment has me pumped and feeling wonderful!!. Lol all I said to you when you said Wow..how did you do that? I just said, "Dale," hehe:) Thank you thank you Thank you!!
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post:
Dale Innis
Menubar Memorial
Has thanked: 0

Post by Menubar Memorial »

Thanks for the personalized tour! That was an AMAZING trip through memories of Nat!

The Natasha Randt memorial sim is definitely one of the most advanced builds I've ever witnessed. Utilizing so many of the technical aspects of virtual worlds for astounding effects and a truly unique artistic expression of love and respect for a dear friend. The entire interactive experience is full of immersive treats around every corner. Nat strolling to her jet and taking us for a ride into the sky is an unmatched technical achievement and an extraordinary experience! It's a must-see adventure.
These users thanked the author Menubar Memorial for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisJoey Writer
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Oh Menubar!
Thank you so much for your beautiful addition to this thread and for joining me on Natascha's Memorial.
It was such a pleasure to be your guide and enjoy it all alongside of you. We have always tried to be innovative in our worlds, but I agree with you, this one utilized very successfully parcel media not only as video, but soundtracks for the live action that was taking place as you watched. I think it helped to immerse the visitor in a whole new way. Dale is the Wizard who turns my ideas into reality...So delighted you approved of the total feeling. Here's to you Nat!! Always!
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 3):
Dale InnisJoey WriterChris Namaste
Luna Branwen

Post by Luna Branwen »

Dearest Kari,
When I think of you and Nat and the friendship and collaboration you two have cultivated over the years, the first thing I have to say is how much I have admired and appreciated these things about you both! The creative body of work you put together "together" and as individuals is nothing less than splendid!

A word I have used to describe your and Nat's machinima, your Kitely builds, and your poetry over the years: "Splendid!" And, it showed up again for me after the wonderful tour of the memorial you created for your dear friend Natasha, and her amazing life and work! Thank you for sharing this with me, along with your added stories and memories shared along the way. It was a joy to be there with you!

The place itself is so beautifully colorful, creative, and magical; and a tribute that surely expressed more than anyone could ever imagine in the way of all the work Nat did, and that the two of you have done together. And, it conveyed your clear love and appreciation for her. The tribute is an amazing reflection of that work, which has always been filled with humor, love, beauty, color, creativity, dancing, and magic, along with the magic of the scripting done by the lovely Dale. Hats off to you, and to Dale, and to Joey. Lots of love to Joey whose love for Nat was also clear and present at the memorial with her part in the creation.

I am so glad that I got to know Nat the little bit that I did; she truly was a joy each time we met, and the few times I got to be in one of the films with you two! I could see why you liked working with her. Her love for your poetry and bringing it to life was a marvel to behold! And, you both truly are marvels of the most spirited kind who have always shared your gifts in splendid ways!

Floating, dancing, singing, and flying with you on Kitely at Nat's memorial, was both an honor and a joy that I will always remember along with Natasha herself! My on-going condolences to you, dear Kari. With all my love.
And, I do think that anyone visiting Kitely would find it well worth exploring, just to see and remember— "what is possible"!
These users thanked the author Luna Branwen for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanChris NamasteJoey WriterDale Innis
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Oh Luna,
I don't even know where to begin to reply to this beautiful comment..so full of love and caring and appreciation.
For me, it was a delight to go with you, see Nat's works and ours together though your eyes and comments. The 90 minutes we stayed on the world flew by for me.
Thank you for your amazing comment..you brought tears to my eyes.
You were very much a part of our productions, our silly private screenings for cast and just someone who loved what we did...what we came up with video after video.
For me Natascha was a gift, a rare gift, that only comes once in a lifetime.. The way we worked together, brainstormed, and never fought, never had a serious disagreement in 29 videos is pretty impossible..and yet this is how we worked,,
The Memorial tried to capture what we did together and what Nat did with Joey and also on her own. I really wanted to show her passion and great love for flying and so this might be one of the few memorials that I have seen..that has an airport:):)
Thank you for your love and sincere joy when we traversed the tour together..It filled my heart.
You were someone who always let us know what you thought of every movie we made. Thank you again Luna for your love and loyalty, your sensitivity and appreciation for what we all tried to do here..to honor Nat's memory. Big Hugs and gratitude for having you visit and for having you in my life:)❤️
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 4):
Joey WriterChris NamasteLuna BranwenDale Innis
Joey Writer

Post by Joey Writer »

Dear Luna, I can't say how much your beautiful, thoughtful words warm my heart <3

You perfectly describe the intention of this world, where Karima and Dale and I poured in all our love and good memories of Nat. Memories like love are of the kind that only increase the more you share. Thank you so much for being part of it! Now your affectionate reception of this world will always be intertwined with our memories of Nat. Hugs!
These users thanked the author Joey Writer for the post (total 4):
Luna BranwenChris NamasteKarima HoisanDale Innis