Creating a new world

Worlds that you created or discovered
Carole Osei
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Creating a new world

Post by Carole Osei »

I've just upgraded to the Silver Plan. I still have the one free region from my basic account. How do I go about adding regions to my world?
Deuce Halsey

Re: Creating a new world

Post by Deuce Halsey »

When logged into the Kitely website, click on the "My Worlds" tab. There should be a "New World" button near the upper left of that screen. Simply click it and go!
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Dot Matrix

Re: Creating a new world

Post by Dot Matrix »

If you want a larger world that includes the current single region, there are a few more steps.

First, save a backup of the current single region. To do this, go to its World Page, click the Manage button, then the Files tab. Then click the Export World button. This will save an OAR file of the world which you can download to your computer. If any objects in the world cannot be saved (for example because they don't have "export" permissions enabled by their creator) they are listed with their positions in a report that you can also download.

Now go back to the My Worlds tab and click on the New World button. Select the Upload OAR option, then click Select File, and navigate to the OAR file you saved. Select the world size from the dropdown menu. Give the world a new name, and click Create.

This will create a larger world with your current region in the SW* corner and the other regions ready for you to terraform and build on.

-----------
* I think it's the SW corner, but might be wrong. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks