Age of Vikings -793 to 1066 A.D.

Worlds that you created or discovered
Roms Trudeau

Age of Vikings -793 to 1066 A.D.

Post by Roms Trudeau »

Hello, Just a heads up this will be my new username from now on (Formerly Sin Karsin, changed name for my SOAS content)

Anyways, a friend of mine Wanda Zapatero decided to abort her SL sim and brought herself over to Kitely. I have decided to collaborate with her to form a Viking Role Play world. The sim is inspired by the Old Scandanvia. (Like Vikings from History Channel)

We expect to have the sim playable by June with a unique Combat system that's been out exclusively on SL called EK3, created by Ekrei Bravin, He created The Hunger Vampire system at the same time Bloodlines came out.) No more holding the mouse down and attacking with directional arrows.

The system features:

Leveling/Class System
Combo Attacks, Blocking, Parrying, Kicking, Rolling.
Mouselook/Third Person works the same
Spells (Custom Spells)
Party System (Invite people to your party, their life and name is displayed on the left of your screen like a MMORPG would)
Blood Effects
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/eK ... 21/5744242

Also here is a beginning screenshot of the Sim under construction as of 04/23:

These users thanked the author Roms Trudeau for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerMarstol NitelyHandy LowShandon LoringGaga Gracious
Constance Peregrine

Re: Age of Vikings -793 to 1066 A.D.

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ohhhh, I love Vikings! and just watched several movies and an ongoing miniseries, as well as then did some bit of research based on all that-)) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/

I don't RP tho as RP'ing this silly avie keeps me occupied more than she really should, already.

Have fun and I will certainly watch any progress you post, what fun!!
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Gaga Gracious
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
wanda zapatero
Has thanked: 0

Post by wanda zapatero »

Greetings Kitely players. I am Wanda Zapatero, collaborating with Roms Trudeau on the Age of Vikings sim. In addition to roleplay, the sim will provide historical information about every aspect of Viking culture and daily living as it was during 793-1066 A.D. As Roms said, we will keep you informed as to its progress and when completed, we hope that each of you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying building it.
These users thanked the author wanda zapatero for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineMarstol NitelyRoms Trudeau
Roms Trudeau

Post by Roms Trudeau »

Hey all,

I wanted to post a status update on the project. Production is still going smoothly luckily and the outcome is coming along great.

In this screenshot, this will be the representation of the Viking settlement of Oslo which was in the middle of Scandanvia (close to the middle of Norway and Sweden but resides in Norway.)

From here we plan on branching off south and re-creating the Isles of Kattegat and traveling down to the largest Viking city of Hedeby that was surrounded by large 40 feet Earth Walls. As you see by the red circle our ultimate goal for this project is to re-create the bottom of scandanavia. It will indeed be a large and long project but we're very excited to reach our goal.

Eventually we plan on re-creating Ireland, Scottland. New England and Iceland. With this it will allow us to incorporate more kingdoms/groups like The Kingdom of Wessex, Mercia, Northumbria and Wales. And then down to Western and Eastern Europe with The Franks under King Charlamagne and the story of the Paladins. Of course this is just an idea and plans for this won't begin until later 2014 and early 2015 (These would be made under their own 4 x 4 region.)

Thanks for reading, I hope to update you with more very soon.
These users thanked the author Roms Trudeau for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsGaga Gracious
Roms Trudeau

Post by Roms Trudeau »

Hello,

It's been a while since I've posted an Update. So far we're almost finished with the Layout of Sim 1 (Port/Trading City of Oslo), therefore we can soon begin adding in the fillers. Nextly We have the resources for sim 2 (Village of Sarpsborg and town of Skara) pre-created and ready for when we expand to 2 x 2 region. I also have a new member on my team working on Viking NPC designs along with a new Writer who will be researching and writing out Dialogue, short stories and quests. (They are utilizing the library to keep everything authentic as possible.) There of course will be fiction mixed in as well for entertainment purposes. I.E. NPC families, gravestones (History), conflict between internal families etc.

In the screenshot is the current status of Sim 1 along with a couple sample Viking faces (NPC's). These will look how they did in the 9th century like scars, markings and rough looking.

That's it for now, stay tuned!

These users thanked the author Roms Trudeau for the post (total 6):
Constance PeregrineGraham MillsHandy LowJCat ZivaSerene JewellGaga Gracious
wanda zapatero

Post by wanda zapatero »

This project is coming along nicely. Thanks Roms.
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

This excites me! I had the same thought but not enough patience or even knowledge to do this for my home sim. I have had a slight obsession with the history channels series "Vikings" since it stared.It would be awesome to find clothing to go with too. I want to be a viking avatar! lol Will be checking this place out for sure. :D
These users thanked the author Lily Annabella for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineSerene Jewell
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Welcome and Congratulations
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Roms Trudeau

Post by Roms Trudeau »

I just put up a basic Website, from here you can follow our progress!

http://www.9thcenturyrp.weebly.com
These users thanked the author Roms Trudeau for the post (total 3):
Carlos LoffConstance PeregrineGaga Gracious
Gaga Gracious

Post by Gaga Gracious »

Just saw a notice on G+ Opensim Virtual https://plus.google.com/communities/116 ... 2234467612 from Minethere Always. Good to see a new RPG at Kitely. Show us pictures and tell us about the game's development at Opensim Virtual. Lots of people there into role play. Wish you every success.
These users thanked the author Gaga Gracious for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMin Tigerpaw