What is Poesy about?

Worlds that you created or discovered
Freda Frostbite

What is Poesy about?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I don't know if any of you are wondering what my goals are in creating Poesy in Kitely. I know I need sometimes to remind myself why I do the things I do, so here is a partial mission statement.

In all my lives, I see myself as a spouse, co-parent, writer, illustrator, and musician. I also see myself as a patron to others who work in the arts. Most things I do in the solid world and the virtual ones are intended to enhance those jobs. In Kitely, I want particularly to provide support for writers of all kinds. One thing I can do is give them virtual space to find or create inspiration and do the job they love (and sometimes hate). To that end, we have several writers in residence at Poesy. Marita Decosta, Llola Lane, and Danger Dave Writer (also known on the web as Haiku Hare) are already working on Poesy. I can make room for a couple more writers should they come along and want space in this growing community of artists.

You may wonder how a writer makes use of a virtual environment. There are many answers to the question, but one that may surprise you is that many, many writers now do some of their work while logged into virtual worlds. Let me share an example.

A year or so ago, I had the opportunity to create poetry to accompany virtual sculpture by Nitro Fireguard in an exhibition of art and poems. Nitro made a fabulous work, called Dancing Thoughts. It was an impressive interactive 3D visual piece that incorporated audio elements. I was immediately enamored of it and the night after first seeing it I had a dream that inspired the poem you can find here:
http://www.apoetsprogress.com/dream-seq ... esler.html
The poem was inspired by art created and presented in a virtual world. The poem was actually written while my av sat in a virtual sculpture garden listening to the sounds the sculpture made.
I do hope you will visit Poesy. http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Fre ... bite/Poesy
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 3):
Constance PeregrineDanko WhitfieldSerene Jewell