Booland - OAR available

Worlds that you created or discovered
Boo Rojyo

Booland - OAR available

Post by Boo Rojyo »

With some regret I'm probably going to close the Booland sim at the end of the month. It's due to a combination of seasonal RL commitments and the closing of Kitely metered worlds which were perfect for me because I financed any online time with a few Kitely Market sales.

Anyway check out Booland before it goes, if you like what you see and seriously want to host the sim I'll provide the OAR. I wouldn't mind finishing areas of the sim in the winter, but that can wait.
The Booland sim is open to any type of account as long as I have enough KCs:) The OAR with just a few exceptions contains everything you see on the sim.

Anyway take a look and thanks for the ride.

Boo
Marstol Nitely

Re: Booland - OAR available

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hey Boo,

I would like the OAR, but might be able to come up with something else as well. I could "host" booland and I'd trust you to pay me for your time in-world on Booland? Something along those lines. I'm open to working something out. If you'd like to, just IM me. It's a great world, so I wouldn't turn it down either way. :)
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixSelby EvansBoo Rojyo
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

You can stay regular and rent land
Last edited by Carlos Loff on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Carlos, Marstol is not the only person who would be happy to share a region with Boo. He is a good builder (including skills in terraforming) and has been a good friend to many of us.

SL-style parcels of land with limited prim numbers are less likely to appeal to those of us used to building on OpenSim's freedom and wide open spaces. But that's just my opinion. ;)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyBoo Rojyo
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

My hope is that Boo stays with Kitely in whatever way makes Boo happy and comfortable. I would not be the least bit upset if someone else provided a space for Boo and Booland or if Boo decided to rent a smaller personal parcel from someone. I do tend to agree with Dot that those plots might interest recent/new transfers from SL more than people who have been here for sometime and have experienced owning their own worlds.
Boo Rojyo

Post by Boo Rojyo »

Thanks Marstol, Carlos, and Dot for your responses. And thanks for some kind words.

I'm happy to supply an OAR of Booland to both Marstol and Dot, and you are both free to do with it as you want. If I come back in a few months keen to continue my work on Booland I'll either have to pay or find a proper host. At the moment I have too little spare time on my hands to decently expect somebody to hold the sim for my use, and it's far from certain I'll be motivated to build when my RL eases a bit.

The OAR is 56Mb, so suggestions on how to get it to you guys is welcome.

Thanks for your suggestion Carlos, but both Marstol and Dot are right, it's not a suitable fit for me.

I was going to avoid a bit of a rant here, but just to say I am a bit peeved that coming to Kitely I choose the Bronze option, only to be told it's not economically viable, then switch to metered worlds, then to be told that's not economically viable either! Don't get me wrong Kitely is the best of the opensim worlds, I just wish they's get their pricing model right first time. Well I achieved two of the top ten best selling Kitely products so feel I contributed to the Kitely economy a little. It's a shame I've had to switch to paypal payments because KC's arent a lot of use to me anymore. Not that I made a great income (I probably price too low) but I was subsidisng my time in Kitley and putting a few KCs aside.

The OAR is pretty much as you see if you visit, excepting a few exhibits in the museum, I think I got the Elephant and Tiger from one of Minethere's sims if I recall correctly.

Hope to get the OAR to you soon.
These users thanked the author Boo Rojyo for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineMarstol Nitely