Did particles behavior change?

Worlds that you created or discovered
Ramesh Ramloll

Did particles behavior change?

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello, some time back I assembled a few fireworks code ... and I thought there looked like particles ... today it was 4th of July, so I tried to make a quickie opportunistic machinima, but I find that the firework textures are appearing 'squarish', I am wondering if there's been some changes in the way particles are rendered?
Here's the clip
http://youtu.be/Zn67cht-0MM
Kat Lemieux

Re: Did particles behavior change?

Post by Kat Lemieux »

In the past two days (since July 3) I've seen this problem with a couple of scripted objects also. In both cases they had been working properly before, but suddenly the "smoke" particles behave as if the texture used as their pattern was not available. I suspect the issue is actually a problem with the asset database rather than particle scripting.

To test this, with the object I had created, a fire brazier that uses Handy Low's Fire System to generate both fire and smoke, I tried changing the textures for each component. One or two textures still work properly, but the rest fail, showing the blank "square" that indicates the texture is not available.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

YES! This is happening to me as well. It started yesterday, or perhaps earlier. I thought it was one smoke smoke particle messed up in the cashe, but now that you mention it, I looked around and EVERY PARTICLE EFFECT in my world is messed up. Some of the particles look like solid white rectangles, other ones look like reverse video versions of themselves (eg: black rain drops in a white rectangle). These are all particle emitters that I have had running successfully for weeks or months before. Now they look very bad.

However, if I look the textures up in inventory and view them, they look fine. It is only when they come out as particle that they look wrong. I think this needs to be elevated to a BIG BLACK BUG that needs to be fixed!
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post:
Kat Lemieux
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Ilan and Oren are working on it. See: http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1787
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ramesh Ramloll

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

:) Happy to know Kitely Gods are working on it.
I hope it turns out like this :P
http://youtu.be/5u1clIYPZxg
I recorded this last night :)