A New World

Worlds that you created or discovered
Kerry Babbage
Has thanked: 0

A New World

Post by Kerry Babbage »

Hello, just wondering if yu could answer the following question on building and expanding and being new lol

So I have a 2x 2 and was thinking of going to a 4x4 yet have seen posts that sugest this could slow things down?

The reason to go bigger was to have a better experience for visitors and stop them getting frozen when they hit the boundary... also I have a nice boat which I would like to sail around the island... so if I buy more space is that ocean as a start ?

and if I have extra space how do I fill it? Do I buy a new World template?

Last one for now is I have noticed that settings for voice seem to fade out at 25 metres or so... is there an adjustment for this so that I can increase the distance...

Thank you and looking forward to adding value to the Kitely Community... Kerry
These users thanked the author Kerry Babbage for the post:
Graham Mills
Constance Peregrine

Re: A New World

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Welcome Kerry :D

Filling vast spaces is part of the fun to me....paths, little meditation scenes, small campfire areas. Just ideas from a regular user.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Re: A New World

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Welcome to Kitely Kerry :-)

An Advanced World gets more server resources than a Standard World, so it can provide better performance for the same build. However, it isn't 4 times faster than a Standard World so if you add the same scripts and objects density you have in a 2x2 world to all the area of a 4x4 world then the bigger world's performance won't be as good as that of the smaller (much less complex) world running on a Standard World world type.

When you resize a world, you determine where to place the existing world in the bigger world. The rest of the area becomes flat land by default which you can then terraform as you see fit via the viewer. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/

I'm sorry but the voice settings aren't configurable per world.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.