World Closings

Worlds that you created or discovered
Paislee Myrtle

World Closings

Post by Paislee Myrtle »

At the end of March I will be closing my worlds here in Kitely. I have enjoyed creating and hosting them, but the time has come for me to move on in RL. A big THANKS to Ilan and Oren for creating Kitely; making it affordable and flexible. Best wishes to all!

Update: I will be keeping Imladris as a standard world in partnership with Dot Matrix. Thanks, Dot for your generosity. :-)
Last edited by Paislee Myrtle on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Paislee Myrtle for the post (total 7):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerOzwell Wayfarermat mahoganyChris NamasteAlexina ProctorMin Tigerpaw
Constance Peregrine

Re: World Closings

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Wishing you all the best Piaslee :D
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixPaislee MyrtleAlexina ProctorChris Namaste
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

It's always a difficult decision to make, to bring worlds and chapters to a close like this.

I would like to add my thanks to Ilan and Oren for the fantastic service and support over many years. Kitely really is an excellent platform and canvas for creating.

But as Paislee says, the time does come to move on to new things.

For me, it's time to recognise that my part in the "Devokan" project has come to a natural end. It's been a privilege to get to know and enjoy the work of some very talented creators -- thank you, all of you.

Best wishes for all your future endeavours. :)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansConstance PeregrineAlexina ProctorChris NamasteMin Tigerpaw
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Paislee and Dot.

The Devokan group helped create the Kitely community when people were still using Kitely just for their own private projects. The worlds you created provided joy to many and the contributions you've made to Kitely itself (e.g. your help in building the Kitely Welcome Center and Kitely Transfer Station) was instrumental in helping Kitely evolve to what it has become.

Your presence will be missed and I hope you will return to us, in one form or another, when the time is right for you inRL.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 6):
Dot MatrixShandon LoringChris NamasteSelby EvansMoonrise AzaleeAlexina Proctor
Brian Roberts

Post by Brian Roberts »

Thank you for giving us such wonderful worlds
.They were the inspiration that I needed when I got builder's block.
Thank you for being a friend & mentor all these years.You will be missed
These users thanked the author Brian Roberts for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixPaislee MyrtleChris Namaste
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thank you for your kind words.

I've just been chatting with Paislee. Anyone who has faced a decision to let go of sims that they built and lived in over the years (those who have left SL builds are likely to especially identify with this) will know how much it can hurt.

Now, Imladris is one of those builds. In my opinion, it's one of Paislee's best (even if it is a bit laggy!). It also has little homes-from-home that people connected with the Devokan group have made over the years. It has both an IC and an OOC history.

So... we've worked out a way of keeping it alive. We're going to share the cost of keeping it as a Kitely Standard World so that people can continue to enjoy exploring it, and friends from the past will have a base when they come visiting.

Another favourite world is Dragons' Teeth. The plan there is to keep it as Paislee's included Stored World, so that when inspiration returns, she can go back to its story at a future date.

The fact is the "Devokan" team now consists of just Paislee and myself. We've both come to an end of what we can create within that story concept, and (as Brian has mentioned it) we've both got "builder's block".

This does not mean to say we will not be around in the future...
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansConstance PeregrineMoonrise AzaleeChris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Devokan on Kitely did much to show that OpenSim was a viable alternative but went beyond that in making a positive contribution to all aspects of the community. Thanks for all you've done, good luck with whatever you do next and it's great that you've figured out a way to preserve some of the heritage builds of tomorrow for the future.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 4):
Dot MatrixPaislee MyrtleShandon LoringChris Namaste
mat mahogany

Post by mat mahogany »

Hi all,

Just catching up with Dot, in Imladris, and pleased to see it's still here.
I can understand how RL becomes important and when the time comes to move on. But also how holding onto a piece of 'what has been', is also important.
I have to thank Paislee, Dot and Ilan, (and the Kitely team), for offering myself and the builders a great platform at great prices in order to keep our original buildings alive and afford us the opportunity to keep together.

Good luck Paislee, and it's been my favourite pleasure to have been building alongside you and bouncing ideas off you. I hope to take a small place sometime in the future.

Hugzzz babe, XXXXX

Mat
These users thanked the author mat mahogany for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsPaislee MyrtleDot MatrixConstance Peregrine
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

Very sad news but glad to hear Imladris will survive. It has always been one of my favorite Kitely worlds. Both you and Dot have made a massive contribution to this community. But sometimes the shedding of the old unburdens the mind and leads to new possibilities and inspiration. I hope this is the start of something new and wonderful for you, be that RL or here in VR. All the best Paislee!
These users thanked the author Ozwell Wayfarer for the post (total 5):
Dot MatrixConstance PeregrineShandon LoringPaislee MyrtleArton Tripsa
Daniel Hoffman

Post by Daniel Hoffman »

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you the best IRL, of course, and hope it brings you joy and new opportunities. However, I love seeing you when we cross paths in virtual worlds, and your regions on Kitely always give me joy. I wish you the best. I'm glad Imladris will still be there but will miss the others.

Daniel
These users thanked the author Daniel Hoffman for the post (total 3):
Chris NamasteDot MatrixBrian Roberts