"The Wizard" is Ready To Receive You!!

Worlds that you created or discovered
Karima Hoisan

"The Wizard" is Ready To Receive You!!

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Welcome to The Wizard my 20th world on Kitely and my 12th world with Scripter-Builder Dale Innis
This is an automated tour..an “Experience” that will take almost 30 minutes
from start to finish.. So allow that much time to immerse yourselves fully and to finish the journey.
We promise you..you won’t be bored:):)
Photo2024.jpg
Photo2024.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 4817 times
If you had to catch your breath after visiting Creation, you will have to lie down after visiting The Wizard!!
This world has a bit of Fantasy, of Goth, of Disney, and of Monty Python on Mushrooms:):)
It’s a wild ride that starts off on horseback and then……… Anything can happen!!
Let The Wizard put you under his spell.…..
Complete Instructions for enjoying the world in the fullest sense are on the Kitely World page or in a Notecard at the Landing.
On Behalf of:
Dale Innis Scripter-Builder Creator
Kurk Mumfuzz Particle Creator
Karima Hoisan Poet & World Creator

We hope you will find this an entertaining, exciting and mind-boggling experience!
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 7):
Dale InnisIlan TochnerSnoots DwagonChris NamasteSelby EvansKim McCabeAlexina Proctor
Dale Innis

Re: "The Wizard" is Ready To Receive You!!

Post by Dale Innis »

I will try to resist giving anything away, but I definitely urge people to give The Wizard a try.

Writing the scripts for this world (and adapting the gorgeous particle scripts from Kurk) to give shape to Karima's amazing ideas has been a wild two-month ride. I think you will like the result! It's something like indescribable.

For any software types reading this, I'll say that I think this is the first project I've done in the virtual worlds where I seriously considered using a real bug-tracking system, and a release and deployment process. :) I'd be happy to discuss how everything works with any interested scripters. But only after you've experienced it for yourself and thought about how it might all have worked!
Last edited by Dale Innis on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansKarima HoisanAlexina Proctor
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I visited Wizard and found it pretty fascinating. I missed the notecard at the beginning so am not aware of the story (I'll have to go back and get that), but regardless... the experience itself was fun and fascinating. It's seldom one sees such heavily-scripted tours in virtual worlds.

The very last room I seemed to get "stuck" for quite some time, and then the world ended (literally). I logged back in and plan to visit again later. But what I saw was not only a fun experience, it made me want to return and just walk around and play in the environments there. Quite a very nice job of landscaping and scripting. Enjoyed it.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanSelby EvansDale InnisAlexina Proctor
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Natascha Randt
Has thanked: 0

Post by Natascha Randt »

"He was the wizard of a thousand kings
And I chanced to meet him one night wandering"

So that's how I met the wizard last night.
On the SIM / world The Wizard in Kitely.

The Wizard is the twentieth world that Karima has created in Kitely.
Together with Dale Innis.
Two months ago to the day Karima and Dale started making The Wizard a reality.

What the two have created is sensational, even overwhelming.
An automated tour de force of fantasy.
About thirty minutes it goes on horseback through crazy and wild and fantastic scenes, into abysses beyond the imagination and with a climax that is second to none.
I'm still totally flashed. For real!

"So spoke the wizard in his mountain home"
The two quotes are of course from the song The Wizard by Uriah Heep.
These users thanked the author Natascha Randt for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanSnoots DwagonDale InnisAlexina Proctor
Richard Goldberg

Post by Richard Goldberg »

The Wizard is a testament to the collaborative process. Karima, Dale and Kurk have exploited Kitely's in-game editing tools in creating a Magical Journey of storytelling, mesh, coding and particles. This preeminent work tells the world that this virtual computer networking medium is ready for prime time. Who couldnt be enchanted by experience the creative magic that one experiences while riding one's horse through The Wizard . The story was so rich that I will have to return a few times to fully understand what I experienced. Like a good dream not written down, I came out of it with an overall impression but details are hard to remember. Good job team Karima. I know you are already planning another adventure and cant wait. Four Stars!
These users thanked the author Richard Goldberg for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanSnoots DwagonIlan TochnerDale Innis
Joey Writer

Post by Joey Writer »

What a marvelous, rich and intricate world! I rode the horse and it took me on a mystical, fresh and dreamlike journey with music and poetry and the most delicate particles you could imagine. After a rough week this truly was balm to my soul. Thank you so much, Karima, Dale and Kurk, for this lovely experience!
Last edited by Joey Writer on Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Joey Writer for the post (total 4):
Snoots DwagonKarima HoisanIlan TochnerDale Innis
Kim McCabe

Post by Kim McCabe »

Karima Hoisan wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:47 am
Welcome to The Wizard my 20th world on Kitely and my 12th world with Scripter-Builder Dale Innis
This is an automated tour..an “Experience” that will take almost 30 minutes
from start to finish.. So allow that much time to immerse yourselves fully and to finish the journey.
We promise you..you won’t be bored:):)
Photo2024.jpg
If you had to catch your breath after visiting Creation, you will have to lie down after visiting The Wizard!!
This world has a bit of Fantasy, of Goth, of Disney, and of Monty Python on Mushrooms:):)
It’s a wild ride that starts off on horseback and then……… Anything can happen!!
Let The Wizard put you under his spell.…..
Complete Instructions for enjoying the world in the fullest sense are on the Kitely World page or in a Notecard at the Landing.
On Behalf of:
Dale Innis Scripter-Builder Creator
Kurk Mumfuzz Particle Creator
Karima Hoisan Poet & World Creator

We hope you will find this an entertaining, exciting and mind-boggling experience!
So much fun!
These users thanked the author Kim McCabe for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanDale Innis
Dzinwiz Babii

Post by Dzinwiz Babii »

I was here! Truly STUNNING, Sissy ((hugs)). You and Dale and the rest of your resource assistants have outdone yourselves (smiles). Entire experience was so smooth, seamless and I barely wanted to leave the Wizard's room with all the lights, lol. Fantastic experience!!

Obviously one of my favorite parts is literally the Wizard's Room, where you've completed the tour and yet... There's no real "ending" as you can literally continue to enjoy what seems like an infinite visionary immersion. Confesses to spending an additional 20 to 30 minutes JUST being mesmerized UNDER THE SPELL (lol). And of course, using the HUD gifted to visitors gives everyone plenty of opportunities to revisit any and all of the creative areas in this world.

This is a can't miss experience where the adventure is on a continuum that leaves you in awe! :D
These users thanked the author Dzinwiz Babii for the post (total 5):
Karima HoisanSnoots DwagonIlan TochnerDale InnisAlexina Proctor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

This is the most fun I've had in a Kitely world for some time, thank you Karima!

For everyone else reading this, find some time and go experience it for yourself. Just make sure to read the notecard and set up preferences accordingly so you won't miss anything.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Many thanks to Karima, Dale and Kurk for a deeply immersive, delightfully whimsical, slightly sinister and highly trippy experience with a great soundscape to match the visuals. Looking forward to a return visit -- going to try it with the UI off next time (Alt+Shift+U in FS). Highly recommended!
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 4):