"The Wizard" is Ready To Receive You!!

Worlds that you created or discovered
mike mchugh

Re: "The Wizard" is Ready To Receive You!!

Post by mike mchugh »

What a wonderful effort. whimsical and fun! Thanks for the experience!

Ala Arnold: "I'll be BAACCK!
These users thanked the author mike mchugh for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanDale Innis
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I visited THE WIZARD for a second time today, and this time I had my MEDIA setting to AUTOPLAY. That makes a very big difference, especially at the end (no spoilers!). :mrgreen:

However, at the end there is an awesome freebie: a black attachable horsie. I rode it to visit one of my favorite places.
Attachments
The Thirsty Varmint Tavern in Wellspring
The Thirsty Varmint Tavern in Wellspring
Snoots on free horsie.jpg (434.48 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisAlexina Proctor
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
David Denton
Has thanked: 0

Post by David Denton »

fun fun fun fun and deliciously creepy......and cheaper than therapy
These users thanked the author David Denton for the post (total 4):
Snoots DwagonKarima HoisanDale InnisAlexina Proctor
Chris Mooney-Singh

Post by Chris Mooney-Singh »

Karima Wizardress,
Thank you for the personal tour and induction into pixel wizardry. Where else can one meet the artist in a very literal way? Step through the looking glass portal, enter Dante's dark wood to visit her 'creative space.' Take off your AO and suspend your incredulity. A virtual space is world-building, par excellence, not just words to be imagined, a podcast or film to passively hear or view. We love all those but going on a themed journey is another pleasure altogether. I've visited a couple of Karima's immersive auto-gen tours before and this is up with the best.

You will get your own black horse and clip clop down lyrical paths into dark humour and flipside fun. You will meet dancing bears and big-eyed dwarf girls and travel down the river in a boat the size of a basin. You will get glimpses of creatures in the undergrowth and occasionally, the illusive wizard. The thing I appreciate with Karima's themed experiences is the rich texture of supportive audio. How many sims have you landed at, empty and soundless as ghost towns. Karima's Wizard realm is not one of them. Audio is 80% of an experience.

But I tell too much. Go alone or with a friend, or ask Karima to meet at an appointed hour to hold your hand and check its frames-per-second pulse. Karima will go out of her way to lead you astray in her queendom of kitsch, comic book style and abiding lyricism, And yes! There will be poetry. After all, only a poet and her offbeat co-creators could pull this off. Of course, I am speaking to the converted.

Top guns and roses, go meet "The Wizard".

All the best,
Chris Mooney-Singh.
These users thanked the author Chris Mooney-Singh for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanDale InnisSnoots DwagonAlexina Proctor
Dale Innis

Post by Dale Innis »

Karima and Nat now have an *amazing* trailer on YouTube:

These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanIlan Tochner
Steve Rogers

Post by Steve Rogers »

A weird and surreal landscape where everything is unexpected! I really enjoyed its playfulness.
These users thanked the author Steve Rogers for the post (total 4):
Karima HoisanSnoots DwagonAlexina ProctorDale Innis
Luna Branwen

Post by Luna Branwen »

I'm so happy I finally got to meet the Wizard with you, Kari! Thank you! It was beyond memorable! And, particularly in the tummy-rush from falling factor, along with the laughter at dancing with gummy bears. And, don't get me started on those creepy Edith's, and that wily priest.
What an adventure, as if in a dream, I remember it now with shudders, chills, and delight!

I took friend Amy to visit, and join in the adventure yesterday, and she delighted in it with a lot of laughter and we also danced, and then drank wine and admired the wizard's art in the gallery!

Dale, the scripting was amazing. I'm still pondering it still. And, Nat, the teaser/trailer for it is perfect! You three, are a wonderful team!

The particles did bring it all roundly together, Karima! Thank you for the personal tour. I loved it! <3
These users thanked the author Luna Branwen for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanDale Innis
Amy Inawe

Post by Amy Inawe »

Thank you Karima and Dale and all that contributed to this wonderful experience.
It was immersive and enchanting. Scary and fun.I loved being taken along on my trusty steed to see all that I needed to see and the delightful surprises along the way. Lovely dance stops, music that stays with you and colours and particles that invoke laughter and nice to hear Karima's words at the end. I was glad to be taken on this excursion. Thank you. :)
These users thanked the author Amy Inawe for the post (total 2):
Karima HoisanDale Innis
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

The Wizard is an excellent example of something I have long believed: the difference between a world and a memorable experience is interactivity. The Wizard demonstrates this very adequately.

When I teach building classes this is one of the first things I teach new builders: the difference between a block prim and a Treasure Chest is a texture and a script. The script can simply say something (a piece of a riddle maybe), or tell a joke, or give a direction, or hand out a freebie... but it's the interactivity between visitors and objects that make a world special.

On my own world I strove to make the entire experience interactive. Every button does something. Freebies regularly placed throughout. Automatic tours. The seats actually sit. If there's a painting, touching it gives a history or explanation. If there's a statue, touching it does the same thing. Sure this takes lots more time... but it's worth it.

This is what The Wizard proves. The difference between a world and an experience is interactivity. If one is a builder but not a scripter... team up with a scripter and be amazed at the amount of fun you'll have jointly creating an experience. :mrgreen:

/me Applauds those who build interactive worlds.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 5):
Dot MatrixKarima HoisanDale InnisZyzzyx QinanSelby Evans
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~