AI Dreams in Art is Ready to Receive You

Worlds that you created or discovered
Karima Hoisan

AI Dreams in Art is Ready to Receive You

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to send out a personal invitation, to come and visit my newest world on Kitely.
Unlike many of the others, this world is not automated, just walk and fly on your own and discover over 14 different genres of AI Art scattered over the whole sim. Each genre has its own section, many of which play videos and music.... so enjoy!

This is collection of many genres of beautiful AI Art for you to admire, enjoy and take home
All Art on this world is produced by Dale Innis using the program MidJourney
Curator and builder: Karima Hoisan
Artist and assistant builder: Dale Innis

Please take a minute out to read this notecard and adjust your settings for maximum enjoyment of this world.

1. Graphic Settings should be High+ (No shadows needed)
2. Draw Distance at at least 300+
3. Media Enabled to play automatically (No Filters)
4. Sounds, Media and Music all turned on with good volume
5. Please choose Shared Environment for Environment

https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ka ... ams-in-Art
Hope you will visit soon:)
Attachments
post AI_010.jpg
post AI_010.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 7):
Dale InnisIlan TochnerShandon LoringGraham MillsArton TripsaRuby O'DegeeJoey Writer
Graham Mills

Re: AI Dreams in Art is Ready to Receive You

Post by Graham Mills »

Wonderful galleries beautifully presented. Surrealism and Steampunk were the highlights for me but I'm sure I've missed some!

How long until worlds like this build themselves? And what will we do then, poor things? :?
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 5):
Karima HoisanDale InnisDot MatrixArton TripsaRuby O'Degee
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Thank you so much Graham for posting this comment on our world... Yes both those galleries were built by Dale and they are very cool.
I think there are 14 genres and maybe 10 separate locations, some of them media immersive. So glad you enjoyed your visit and as for your philosophical question...If we are not left to build these..I doubt anything would be left to visit them either:):) Thank you again for leaving us this comment.
These users thanked the author Karima Hoisan for the post (total 4):
Graham MillsDot MatrixRuby O'DegeeDale Innis
Dale Innis

Post by Dale Innis »

Thanks much, Graham, that's very gratifying to hear!

I optimistically think that, as with other innovations, things like this will enable more people to do more stuff; with the AI art tools I've been able to write a graphic novel (well, a short one!) which I couldn't have done before (since I can't draw at all). Not as good as what a real human artist could have done, but still a great feeling.

I can't imagine a computer making a world as amazing as Karima did here :) but if we do eventually have software that can make an interesting world, that will just let people build even more amazing things on top of them.
These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post (total 5):
Karima HoisanGraham MillsDot MatrixRuby O'DegeeJoey Writer
Pete Clements
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pete Clements »

The Art of Description

You've heard or read the words 'Text to speech' well now there's 'Text to art' and it's truly amazing and means that people who have no artistic ability can now step up to the 'canvas' and describe in as few or as many words what they want the AI to produce for them. It takes time to be happy with what you can achieve but the results are well worth the time taken to produce art in all genres that will actually take your breath away. It's highly addictive too.
Karima Hoisan and Dale Innis have created a world full of the most incredible art based on this new technology. The artworks are beautifully housed in settings that really suit the art form. The sim was created in around one month but I suspect that the artworks within took a lot longer. I've been involved in AI art now since January and I appreciate the time taken to produce such a large and incredible display as Karima and Dale have done.
I've visited the world now 3 times and I still feel that I haven't seen it all. From Steampunk to Seascapes and Art Noveau to Art Deco, there is something for everyone to enjoy. I cannot recommend this sim enough, It is so beautifully crafted too, my favourite areas are the 'Seascapes' display and the Art Noveau/Deco building. I order you to go and visit, you won't be disappointed.
These users thanked the author Pete Clements for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisJoey Writer
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Wow Pete what a beautiful comment of your impressions. Thank you so much for taking the time to first, visit and come back several times, and then to leave your comment. I am hoping many more, on your recommendation, will visit, wander and explore and hopefully see it all.. Your words make me think of the expression, "Build it and they will come." From word of mouth and generous commentators , like your self, it is our wish that many will come and see what we hope share with all. Thank you!!
Dale Innis

Post by Dale Innis »

Pete Clements wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:01 pm
Thanks for all the comments, Pete, that's highly gratifying to hear! This new technology is for sure amazing (and I'd be glad to talk to anyone about it who is interested in trying it themselves). I was lucky to get in early :) and to have an expert world-builder and experience-crafter like Karima offer to curate my work.

There are new technologies that have become available even since I made most of the images in this world; in particular, most of the images were made without Stable Diffusion, which is now online in multiple places, enabling even more styles to choose from. Who knows that will be out there next month!
These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post:
Karima Hoisan
Dzinwiz Babii
Has thanked: 0

Post by Dzinwiz Babii »

I have to tell you... for the first time ever, I had some hesitation about viewing one of your collaborative sims (yes, a confession). The topic about AI overall is a bit controversial, especially lately with traditional artists. Yet, within seconds, my thinking transitioned as Dale's art selections essentially told me another story that revealed procedural AI art as a beautifully complex procedural form that deserves to be honored, respected. That stuff didn't make itself - it was driven by what HE was curious to see evolve from words and tinkering! Fascinating for sure, but also a bit complex. For me, it's like when someone has commentary about something they have never experienced - my own ignorance in terms of lack of knowledge, was actually an inhibitor to my own growth in perspectives, but thanks to Karima and Dale - I HAVE grown and am feeling so rewarded for having done so at your expense (smiles).

Everything I saw tickled my imagination and made me wish I had been peeking over Dale's shoulder as he made decisions at the very beginning of his artistic journeys, then to see how those ideas evolved. I can't even imagine how one would pick what to showcase (OMG, the choices!).

Your newly evolved gallery is genuinely a revelation in artistry, as well as a testament in its gorgeous and engaging display. The entire tour felt mesmerizing and relaxing. Having the audio was neat too! Yet another heartfelt collaboration by you two where the partnership, love and respect speaks volumes visually and emotionally. Thanks you both for experience and I hope visitors feel the profound beauty of it all as much as I did.
These users thanked the author Dzinwiz Babii for the post (total 3):
Karima HoisanDale InnisJoey Writer
Dale Innis

Post by Dale Innis »

That is really lovely to hear, thank you! I also have concerns about the impact of AI art tools on the world, and on current artists, so I understand what you mean here.

As someone with basically no visual skills myself, I have very much enjoyed using these tools to create things that would otherwise have been beyond me, and it makes me happy to think that others will benefit similarly.

But on the other hand, I don't want these tools to hurt people who currently make their livings with art. That would be especially unjust given that these tools were created using vast numbers of prior artworks, many by human artists who are still alive and creating.

I don't know what the future holds here, or what the best solution is. I like to think that if artists are still in demand even though photography and stock images libraries exist, they will continue to be in demand even now that AI tools exist. Maybe there can even be some legal mechanism to recompense artists whose works are used in making AI tools, vaguely like the tax on blank VHS tapes in the US. I don't know!

But I'm very glad that you enjoyed the galleries, and that the images informed your thinking on this stuff. Thanks again for your comment!
These users thanked the author Dale Innis for the post:
Karima Hoisan
Karima Hoisan

Post by Karima Hoisan »

Thank you so much Diz for your honest thoughts and very fresh point of view....but just know, you are going back with me soon...to dance the snake dance, watch the ocean flood in and everything you didn't do because your media was off (haha)
I will be happy to show you what else is going on, as you seemed to have covered many genres:) So interesting to read Dale's comment too...that you sparked.. Hugs Sis so glad you visited!