Tessin will go offline unless...

Worlds that you created or discovered
Trouble Ahead

Tessin will go offline unless...

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hello friends,

As most people know, the situation in this part of the world (Europe) changed a bit and especially on the side of Tessin worlds owner ( yes me ).
I have to cut down my expenses on luxury, (are virtual worlds luxury products?) so im forced to take the world offline very soon ( stored ) until better times. We had two sponsors of the sims , but thats not enough to keep things rolling here. Many people are happy with the free houses and prims they can get in Tessin, but they are often not aware of the costs of maintaining the sims and not willing to contribute, which is a pity.
There is a lot of cheap land everywhere on all the OS grids, which is nice for the ones that want it all for nothing , but the disadvantage is the market gets spoiled for the ones who want to invest in well maintained environments and stability like we do here in Kitely.

I know there are people who wish to see our sims stay. But it will only work if people give a hand here. ( im so sorry)

Only the sun rises for nothing :) rum is expensive these days!

Cheers , Trouble
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsChris NamasteKarima Hoisan
Ilan Tochner

Re: Tessin will go offline unless...

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Trouble,

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles with Tessin. I hope enough people will see this message and decide to help you sponsor it. It would be a loss to have it be stored.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Trouble AheadChris NamasteKarima Hoisan
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

so sad to read trouble :'(
and i'm in similar situation, belgium (u netherlands)
the prices of all are pure insanity lately...
i wish i could help
i so love to be in your sim, it's so relaxing bc it does not go offline
is there an amount u could put 'out here' (if thats appropriate to ask) how much u might need?
so people can help?
(just trying to help out)
big hugs
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

LOVE TESSIN!
and yes, what Chris asked...

also, i don't know much about crowdfunding like GoFundMe...
but is that something you could look into, and then offer back to the Kitely Community to help sponsor y'all?
and other communities as well..

losing a great and super quality place like Tessin, with awesome people who really care, would be a great blow to us all really.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Chris NamasteIlan Tochner
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I've been in this sort of situation in the past -- it's a horrible feeling. Some possible avenues to explore if the sponsorship is not forthcoming....

While Tessin is still an Always-On, make an OAR of the full 8x8 (you might need to make this a clone to ensure everything gets saved).

Then use the resize world to split the world into relevant chunks containing the key builds -- 4x4, say, or 2x2. Choose the area using the Kitely world management tools, resize, then save the OAR of the smaller world -- make sure you include the World Export Report with the save.

Resize the world back to the 8x8, load the 8x8 OAR (or copy the clone across), choose the next chunk, and repeat as necessary.

The smaller OARs can then be reloaded into smaller, more affordable worlds, so that the key builds are not lost, and they can be swapped in and out at will.

Note that you might need to repair some of the builds if they are shared (other people's items rightly will not be saved in the OAR), but it is possible to replace them with your own items using the information in the World Export Report.

=======
One other avenue you might want to try: Have an Advanced 4x4 for sailing and sea battles where islands can be sold/rented, and a Standard or Advanced for key builds.
Last edited by Dot Matrix on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Graham MillsIlan TochnerChris Namaste
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

So sorry to hear Trouble :-( Always loved visiting your region
VISIT LUNARIA EMPORIUM ON THE KITELY MARKET HERE: https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13957705
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

YAY !!! With support of friends and Kitely , we can continue the fun. Tessin will stay online!!!!

THANK YOU FRIENDS <3 <3 <3
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixChris NamasteGraham MillsKarima Hoisan