Seem to Have a Corrupt Export

Worlds that you created or discovered
Miriam Zhivago

Seem to Have a Corrupt Export

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Earlier I posted about not being able to log into one of my worlds. It appears I may have a faulty export as well, as I was not able to log into it and tried loading the oar into another world, only to have it not completely rez.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Seem to Have a Corrupt Export

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

Both the export OAR and import OAR operations you've been repeatedly trying have been timing out for that particular world. Have you recently added a lot of additional meshs, sculpties and/or other assets to that world?
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Hi Ilan, Yes, I did do a lot of quick developing the other night before I uploaded the oar. I have been experimenting tonight since I posted on the forums. What I am seeing now is this. I just noticed a 15,000 prim limit in the world in question. I also noticed that when I loaded it into another four region world, I am seeing a 15,000 prim limit in the region of that world where the park build is. Should I be exporting my oars with Advanced Megaregion mode disabled? Is this maybe causing the prim limit to vary?

I have been experimenting with enabling Advanced Megaregion mode as suggested and did earlier as well, but often tonight when trying to do so, I would get a message that said the world could not be edited, even when my av was in another world and not attempting to transport.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

It actually appears I am only being allowed 15000 prims for the entire four region sim, Ilan. Not sure why that is. It shows that over 3000 prims will be deleted. This is in Advanced Megaregion mode. And I am not able to enter this world unless I am in it. :?:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

Some viewers incorrectly show Second Life's 15,000 prim limit per region instead of the prim limit provided by our servers.

Switching the Advanced Megaregion mode setting requires a world restart and you are given the option to kick out people who are in that world if that's required for a restart. However, if the world is currently busy with an OAR-related operation (e.g. export world or replace world) then that world can't be restarted at that time and our system won't let you change that setting until the operation completes or times out.
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Right. That is true. Well, I have been experimenting with loading and reloading oars tonight and here is my most recent finding. I loaded and reloaded a different oar than the one I have been having so much trouble with, both in and out of Advanced Megaregion mode. I made certain I received a message showing each operation was complete before trying to transport between these experiments, and perform other operations and so forth. I found that when in AM mode, my prims were limited to 15000 for an entire four region sim and some objects were actually automatically "deleted" to accommodate the prim limit (I think I had around 18000 prims on that oar, way less than the 100,000 normally allowed). When AM mode is disabled, my 100,000 prim limit for the four region sim shows back up. Regarding the sculpts I did add quite a lot the other night on the park region (the oar I had so much trouble with - it is the one I can only enter in AM mode). I am wondering if I saved the oar while it was in this mode and that is why I can not get the full prims? Don't know. With the oar I saved for that same world, when it is loaded into another world I am able to transport in and out of AM mode with no problems. However, the full amount of prims do not show in AM mode, giving me only 15000 for the entire four regions. I know this sound quite confusing. Is it making any sense at all?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Miriam,

Please ignore the 15,000 prim limit your viewer is showing you in Advanced Megaregion mode, that isn't the actual 100,000 prim limit that is enforced by our system. You can test this by rezzing more than 15,000 prims in the world and seeing that they aren't being deleted.

I just visited your world and it shows more than 18,000 prims despite also, incorrectly, stating that the limit is 15,000 prims.

If the world shows all the prims when advanced megaregion mode is on or off then the OAR file you used to replace that world contains all the prims. There is some reason for why some of those prims aren't loading in your viewer but the prim limit you see is not the cause.

Have you tried entering the world with another viewer to see if this wasn't a caching related problem?
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

Hi Ilan, Thanks bunches for the info. I have not been on Kitely since late last night, but I will try with the Imprudence viewer later. I have been using Firestorm mostly. Thanks again! :D
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I recommend you try Singularity instead of Imprudence (or try both :-)).
Miriam Zhivago

Post by Miriam Zhivago »

K. Will see if I can upload it to my mac. :D I'm pretty sure I figured out most of the trouble, though. At first I was trying to load a four region sim into a single region one. :oops: Just wasn't thinking. Then, when I did get that straight and load it onto another four region world, the objects which, did not rez were most likely non-exportable items. Didn't think of this either since almost everything on my regions are full permissions, that I did not build myself. Sometimes we can try too hard when we're frustrated, I think. Lol. :lol: Thanks bunches, Ilan. Will give Singularity a try.