SLRcade VIDEO ARCADE

Content that you created or discovered
Shandon Loring

SLRcade VIDEO ARCADE

Post by Shandon Loring »

As mentioned in a previous post, a solution is brewing for having playable video arcade games in Opensim once again.
[ previous post: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7108 ]

Jury still out if this particular implementation will be commercially viable, but at moment have over 100 of the most popular video games from the 1980s now playable inworld. For non-Ready Player One fans this may be ho-hum.. for any fervent fan of Flynn's tho (like me) this is exciting!

I have setup just a few of the playable games at the Storylink Radio Video Arcade (SLRcade) if anyone wants to try them.
grid.kitely.com:8002/StorylinkRadio/580/453/3014 (be patient, my world is very cluttery and totally unoptimized, once it starts though it's great!)

Also a few setup at Mike Lorrey’s Cosa Nostra Pizza in Kitely grid.kitely.com:8002/Neaburn%20City/49/56/1034
There are change machines there too so you can buy tokens. all the games are set to free play anyway, buying tokens just helps us keep the pixels lit.

Since there were very few responses to past Forum Posts on this topic I gather not many folks here are much interested, so I'll stop yammering about it. But please feel free to contact me if you have any interest in how/what/where etc. Also, if you have a favorite arcade game you'd like to see let me know.

Yes Dragon's Lair, Sinistar, and Tempest are included!

Thanks all!

ƎNI˥ ℲO ᗡNƎ
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerKimm Starr