YouTube Player?

Content that you created or discovered
Spiral Silverstar

YouTube Player?

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

Does anyone know of any YouTube players available for use in Kitely? Thanks. I know about "media on a prim", but looking for a functional YT player.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Re: YouTube Player?

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Hi,is there anything specific it needs to do ? I have full player tech in SL I've been meaning to bring across :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi Spiral,
I have a player scripted to play youtube (or any other formate from the web) videoclips fullscreen on a prim -
however it currently needs a bit of manual work to set it up:
It plays clips of which I put the url into a list of a notecard and add information about runtime and formate.
This done it works fine and can be seen at my regions e.g. "MT Creation Island" or "Min's Deutscher Treff in Kitely".
One issue is however that there are regional restrictions. In some countries like Germany certain videoclips are blocked due to lack of settlement on broadcasting rights.
It's likely the next project to make the player available in an more user-friendly form once I finished the current schoolboard-project.
I'm happy to share the current (not perfect) version with instructions for testing.

Cheers
Min
Spiral Silverstar

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

@Dundridge: No, nothing special, just a basic media player perhaps with a playlist ability. :-)

@Min: Thanks! I think I will await your next version! :-) Keep me posted, please!

Thanks to you both!

Spi
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

No, I am not a tuba player.

Woodwinds.

Hmmm?

Oh.

I think I misread the subject of the OP.

Sorry.
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post (total 2):
onyxty deltaConstance Peregrine
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I am big fan of media on a prim, I even do art work on it. Found few decent art apps that I can use.
I even made some curtains recently on one of apps I found called Queeky. But it got some bugs. I can save images at there site but not on my computer.
I like Sketchpad better as far drawing inworld. All I have to do is do prnt screen and edit outside.
Youtube I can still use but I get blue warning message on top of screen saying "Safari browser is no longer supported, please update browser" message but weird thing is I don't use Safari or have installed.
Does anyone know anything about this one?
http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1008