World Ratings and Content

Content that you created or discovered
Danko Whitfield

World Ratings and Content

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Hello everyone,

I am putting a new world on Kitely that includes two vendors that give away free complete avatars in-theme with the world. Am I right that because these avatars' skins do not have underwear that I must rate this world as Adult?

I have set it as Adult for now while I await clarification. I did follow the lengthy discussion about this awhile back but I didn't expect it to affect me directly so I may not have it 100% right, that's why I am checking now.

If I am right and this world must be rated Adult even though there is nothing X-rated here, I'm also interested in opinions on the following...

What if I were to open it as Adult for a month or so and put the word out - this rating has nothing to do with sex, it's just that we're handing out free avies and we want to protect the kids...so come and get your free avie by such-and-such a date because I will then remove the vendors in question and the world will be re-opened with a General rating for all to visit.

...or something like that?

btw, does an Adult rating prevent Regular Accounts and HG visitors from entering the world?

All of these things are considerations for me in how I go about this.

Thanks for your assistance and opinions. :)
Ilan Tochner

Re: World Ratings and Content

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Danko,

If the world contains naked skins then it needs to be rated Adult no matter what disclaimers you write in the world page, inside the world or otherwise. Kitely serves a divers user base and the maturity ratings have to be enforced to maintain that. Please see: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... Guidelines

One easy solution to give out skins but keep the world Moderate or General rated is for you to add underwear to the skin textures as per the aforementioned maturity ratings guidelines. As an alternative, don't give out the skins in those worlds, instead have two gates people could use to automatically teleport to either a General world that contains General-rated avatars or to an Adult world that contains the naked avatars (to save money set these worlds up as Premium Worlds and use the metered payment option if you expect people to not spend a lot of time in those worlds).

Adult Ratings don't prevent Regular Account users from visiting the world as long as those users have an Adult account maturity rating (you set that up in the Account Settings page). Hypergrid users currently don't have a maturity rating so are not prevented from visiting Adult worlds as well.
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Thank you for that info, Ilan.

Running two versions of the world concurrently hadn't occurred to me. I think I'll either end up doing that or else as I suggested above, opening it with the Adult rating for now and then, down the road, removing the avatar vendors so I could then change the rating to General or Moderate.

Yup, I can make this work, just wanted to be sure to do it properly.

Thanks.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You're welcome Danko. Please let us know if you have any further questions.