Free Pirate Booty!

Content that you created or discovered
Kayaker Magic

Free Pirate Booty!

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I mentioned this as an addendum to another post here, but the free pirate booty bears repeating:

In the last few days I have become a big fan of Arcadia Asylum and her body of Open Source free builds. Danko Whitefield downloaded an OAR full of Arcadia Asylum items to a world in Kitely called Stormhaven – Port Aurora (http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Dan ... ort-Aurora). Danko says he is not going to leave it up much longer, so you should run over there right now and grab all the free open source goodies you can! It is plunder time for pirates! Yaar! Shops, bars, docks, avatars, a shipyard with a ship under construction. And ships. Pirate Ships! A harbor full of PIRATE SHIPS! All for the taking! YAARR!

So of course I had to try converting one of the ships into a sail-able ship with my script and sails! In my last video I said that it took me a little more than an hour to do this, but I could do better, and I did: This time it only took 30 minutes! I didn't video the process, just the maiden voyage which you can see here: (http://youtu.be/2uLZUB0dsJ8) To finalize the job I need to delete the original yardarms, but they are sculpts that include parts of the mast and some of the lines. I could replace those with prims, but I wanted to take it out sailing first!
Arcadia.jpg
These items by Arcadia Asylum are all free and you must agree never to sell them, so I cannot sell this fun pirate ship! But I have one set out next to my shipyard (hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Panthalassa/214/358/22) where you can try it out. You could always buy my script and sails, get a free copy of this boat, and convert it to a working vehicle yourself!
These users thanked the author Kayaker Magic for the post (total 3):
Carlos LoffRamesh RamlollKeith Selmes
Keith Selmes

Re: Free Pirate Booty!

Post by Keith Selmes »

The complete Stormhaven Oar is available free at OpenSim Creations on http://opensim-creations.com/2014/06/24 ... challenge/

Jamie Wright put it together as a setting for 8 new avatars she produced for the June Challenge, which was on a nautical theme.
Aside from her own avatars, Jamie did largely use Arcadia Asylum and Linda Kellie material, although I've a feeling there might be a few other odds and ends in there.

I think Jamie has Stormhaven up on Hypergrid somewhere, but I can't recall where at the moment.
Keith Selmes

Post by Keith Selmes »

There's a mesh Mayflower in the harbour at Quayside, which is free to copy.
This came from Blendswap on a Creative Commons attribution licence.
There's a notecard in the contents with details of the original author and source address.
The sails are separate from the hull, they all come off as one piece, so they could be replaced with Kayaker Magic sails.
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

just fyi...

i'm planning to keep the Stormhaven - Port Aurora OAR on Kitely through the end of September. It's received a lot of visitors. It really is a fun sim and a great collection of free to copy items.

I believe someone is hosting it on OSgrid as well.