Where Did All The Content Sites Go?

Content that you created or discovered
Graham Mills

Re: Where Did All The Content Sites Go?

Post by Graham Mills »

That's a good sign although it is down again at the moment according to http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/simonastick.com
Marstol Nitely wrote:
Graham Mills wrote:uhoh... just noticed that enerhax.com and simonastick.com are both down "for maintenance". Although ener pretty much stepped away from OpenSim, she has done a good job with soas over the years. Let's hope it's just a blip.
Both sites are up now Graham. Must have been a blip. Whew, scared me!
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Graham,

After reading your last message, I checked the SOAS site on my phone and and received a 404 error. The site is still up on my desktop.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Re Simonastick, there's an update on subquark's Twitter 8th-10th March, viz ilivisl.com is completely gone and apparently he's rebuilding simonastick.com and enerhax.com. subquark.com is there after a fashion.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Down on all my devices now. Glad I downloaded SOAS8PF setup last week.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

There is a third option called Hypergrid To Go but the download size and techie factor are beyond me: http://simplicial.net/htg/why/
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Thanks for the link to Hypergrid To Go (htg), Graham. I didn't know about that one.

It is a huge download -- about 4.5 GB -- and there are several versions depending on how you intend to run it.

In the end I tried the VirtualBox version on my MacBookPro. For this you need the .ovf version of htg. You fire up VirtualBox from the Applications folder, then import the .ovf file. There is extensive documentation.

I was able to start up the world, and log in as "Intrepid Explorer" (which has a huge inventory of freebies) in Radegast. Then I tried making my own avie using the included WiFi interface, and log on using Firestorm, also included.

The world was horribly laggy. I also spotted some lilies which probably shouldn't have been there, but they might have been a hangover from when the world was first put together.

I think I'll stay with SoaS if I can.
Serenity Sinclaire

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

I know Ener was going on hiatus but she didn't seem to indicate she was pulling the site down. Hopefully she's changing things up and not pulling it and vanishing like OS Creations. Hope she's all right.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

yay, http://simonastick.com is back after a fashion. :)
Serenity Sinclaire

Post by Serenity Sinclaire »

SOAS site is up but Ener's site is gone still. For me anyway. Anyone have contact with her to see if she's okay or what's up with the site? Or if she was distracted watching tv and messed up the whole db? :D

Hope the site returns with Ener at the helm. Too great and valuable a resource to vanish this way.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I got the impression from Subquark that Ener's site was not recoverable. I guess you might be able to piece parts together via archive.org. Ener is still active on Twitter.

Serenity Sinclaire wrote:SOAS site is up but Ener's site is gone still. For me anyway. Anyone have contact with her to see if she's okay or what's up with the site? Or if she was distracted watching tv and messed up the whole db? :D

Hope the site returns with Ener at the helm. Too great and valuable a resource to vanish this way.