Reconstruction of demolished historical buildings

Content that you created or discovered
Zed deTremont

Reconstruction of demolished historical buildings

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hello,

Perhaps this might be interesting enough to write in a forum.
Some time ago I was contacted by Ann Hallenberg, a rl opera diva and pretty well known person in the world of baroque music and opera to help her rebuilding the first public opera house in the world. This in principle only happens in virtual worlds, chances that this would happen in rl are quite slim.
Youtube where she sings music of Orlandini:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0sf_xCj-f8

The building was constructed in 1637 and demolished during the reign of Napoleon in 1812. Pretty little is know, apart from measurements due to eventual rebuilding, a proposed blueprint and some other information which would normally be hard to get. All in all such thing is fun to do, for sure if the cooperation is very pleasant and goes smooth.

Ann is ambassadrice of a rl project where a group of people who try rebuild the theatre real life. So the cooperation indirect reaches till there.
https://www.teatrosancassiano.it

I proposed to build in Kitely since the land is available and it's just it's just more handy to work. If interested the development of the building can be seen at Val Sancy. grid.kitely.com:8002:Val Sancy

And yes, of course one day I hope that we can get a life concert of her in Kitely :)

On the same region another historical reconstruction can be seen. Bellevue, the castle of Madame de Pompadour, maittresse of Louis XV. OK, have to confess that this one has been on hold for quite some time but will be finished some day. I'm a little bit stuck there with the division of the rooms in the attic.

The château royal de Bellevue was constructed in the middle of the 18th century for Madame de Pompadour in a the village of Meudon in France. It was by no means a large castle compared to other royal castles, more a place where they could relax with a limited number of people. It was considered as a important building of the rocaille period where the outside of a building was "simplified" compared to the earlier Baroque period though where the interior was highly decorated with elements from exactly the same baroque period, patterns vegetation as leafs and shells. The last remains of the castle were destroyed in 1911.

If interested always welcome to have a look on the build site.
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 6):
Snoots DwagonAlexina ProctorIlan TochnerJohn MelaChris NamasteAda Radius
Snoots Dwagon

Re: Reconstruction of demolished historical buildings

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I myself cannot volunteer (many irons in the fire already), but am enthusiastic about such historical projects. On another grid Yadni re-built an entire island city (sadly now lost along with many other creations). It was one of the most detailed and fascinating projects I've seen on the virtual worlds. We now have members of the Shipwrights Guild who have re-built real life sailing vessels ranging from small boats to tallships, from schooners to galleons. Such historic creations are wonderful.

Re-building historical sites is possible on Kitely because of the relatively low cost of the land, higher prim allowance, and elimination of link limits found elsewhere. I look forward to seeing the beginning, development and completion of such projects, and wish you all the best in this endeavor.

-- Snoots Dwagon
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorAda Radius
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Zed deTremont

Re: Reconstruction of demolished historical buildings

Post by Zed deTremont »

Thanks for the heads up Snoots, don't worry about the help. It was not so much a demand for help, since it will be hard for anyone to help with these projects. More a matter of letting people know what is going on in our little corner. It's also fun to hear that more people are reconstructing historical items.

Yes as you say Kitely and OpenSim in general is a very good platform to do these kind of activities. Prices in sl would make the project pretty expensive seen the time one has to work on larger project like this. Also it's calmer here in my case so it's much more effective to work.
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 3):
Alexina ProctorSnoots DwagonAda Radius