April Hunt WORLD OWNER Chat

Current and upcoming events
Sierra Jakob

Re: Pre-April Hunt - Progress Announcements

Post by Sierra Jakob »

There is a new World List Billboard for World-Host Owners. This gives a list of the involved worlds. Also, if you click on it, it takes you to a website with links to each world so you can travel there directly--bypassing the rabbit hole. It's available at the April Hunt Setup Group world at http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Sie ... etup-Group. We may have to make a bigger billboard--so many worlds are joining in! :)

Also, Dundridge has made adjustments to the rabbit hole teleporter--so that each world will be chosen more randomly. I had noted that some worlds seemed to be getting chosen more often. It was because those worlds had more than one rabbit hole. Dundridge has upgraded the program now so that it should be more even.

Lastly, I'd just like to say that I have visited many of your worlds and - WOW. You guys have really gone all out! Very impressive. Kitely is a beautiful and interesting universe. More and more worlds are being added to the hunt every day! I'd say it's time to alert the presses! :)

Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to make this possible. The setup has been a marvelously successful group project, further helping to build our sense of community. Now we'll focus on getting some new folks involved with the fun. If you have friends and associates that may be interested in coming to Kitely--now's a great time. The April Hunt is a fun way to see so many gorgeous worlds and get lots of ideas and quality items to create your own world. And one might even run some other adventurers :)
These users thanked the author Sierra Jakob for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyIlan TochnerDundridge Dreadlow
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

An observation if I may:

An advantage of Kitely is that we can build over bigger land areas -- we're not confined to tiny plots or shops. However, this does put hunters at a disadvantage when it comes to locating a handful of small objects in a full region, let alone a 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. :|

None of the worlds I've visited so far gave clues as to where to start to look, and my reaction was to become frustrated when I couldn't find something within the first few minutes.

It's made me aware that I might need to put something into place in my own hunt world, close to the log-in spot, to help hunters get going. I'll try to get that sorted later today.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyDundridge Dreadlow
Sierra Jakob

Post by Sierra Jakob »

Dot, that is a good observation. I too get frustrated easily. I wonder if we might think about leaving a trail of clues pointing in the right direction? Possibly a number of eggs with clues in them like "walk west from here" and "your only 10 meters from an egg with a prize in it". That would make it a better experience for me. Thinking as an adventurer.....I guess what might make it better for me is if possibly I could always see an egg somewhere and so I'd walk towards it... and from there I'd be able to see another egg and walk to that... etc.

You guys are very inventive! I bet you can think of things to liven the hunt up just a little and make it easier for people like me--I guess i give up too easily sometimes. lol.

Anyone else got ideas of how to keep us from getting frustrated to fast on a world?
These users thanked the author Sierra Jakob for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Garden Castle - Market & Demo Info: http://www.kitely.com/market/product/42 ... ob-Designs
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I agree with Dot and that's why I placed the four eggs I have (so far?) in the landing region relatively near the Goddess. My mistake was not letting hunters know this. Think I'll use some of Maria's sticky notes to post some clues.
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixSierra Jakob
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Hey, sorry I am not participating, but I do follow the talk here and I think it is pretty darn cool what is going on with this.

I am just not "into" hunts, and don't really have the spare energy to participate...however...

I would love to promote it, so can someone give me the right thread so that I may copy that and post it around, please? I am kinda lost on which one to use, or two...lol

I did, however, run a hunt in a grid once, in a single region [but that involved other peoples regions], so I have some slight knowledge of the mechanics and work involved.

One thing I might suggest is teaching people how to use "object search". Obviously, the other ideas forwarded may be better, but I personally use object search all the time in my Meta travels to find specific things, and there are several search parameters one can use.

I am not sure if it is all viewers tho, or where, but it is very useful for me.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Sierra Jakob
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

there are several worlds with hints..
On several worlds, NPCs are helping..
On some worlds, there are clues in the eggs..

if a few people get me notecards full of hints, I'm sure the Goddess can give those out on the appropriate worlds..

It is absolutely wonderful how so many people have gone all out to make it happen :D
Loving visiting the worlds myself :D The hunt really makes you experience the world you are visiting, and have a proper look around to see the detail and effort put in :D

WELL DONE :D
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelySierra Jakob
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

On Skysong, there is now an extra egg giving clues as to where the other eggs are located, closely guarded by Artemis.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Dundridge DreadlowMarstol NitelySierra Jakob
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I have a hint egg out next to the Rabbit Hole, which is just behind Artemis, who is at the main arrival point of my world. The hint egg just gives general hints to the location of the other three eggs. I really don't like the bread crumb trail of eggs concept - that would be a lot of eggs for my 2x2 world.

Let's face it - like most world owners who have at least some commercial activities on my world, I'm gonna place most of the eggs at locations that I'd like hunters to visit because they will see my product or service offerings. So just explore my stores and "coming soon" service places and you will find most of the eggs. I do have one egg that is quite well hidden and not in a commercially active spot on my world, just to make it tough to get a perfect score. ;)

What I am thinking of doing is offering guided tours of my world at several times throughout the month. These tours would of course include all the locations where eggs are hidden, including the tough one. Most of these tours will probably take place during the last two weeks of the month to give hunters a chance to find the eggs on their own, or with just the general hints included in the hint egg.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 4):
Dundridge DreadlowMarstol NitelyDot MatrixSierra Jakob
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Dot Matrix

Re: Before the April Hunt Began - Progress Announcements

Post by Dot Matrix »

Marstol, your hints were helpful, and Min's too (once blue becomes green). Midtown Art Museum's Mummy unravelled a mystery as well. Thanks all!

But help! I've not found any egg in City Life. Hints needed there!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Motley Mariposa

Re: Before the April Hunt Began - Progress Announcements

Post by Motley Mariposa »

Actually, I have MANY Eggs out, and I did put a Tip Board up beside Artemis -- are you saying nobody has seen that? I set it up before the hunt began.
These users thanked the author Motley Mariposa for the post:
Sierra Jakob