Don't forget the Kitely Calendar

Current and upcoming events
Selby Evans

Re: Don't forget the Kitely Calendar

Post by Selby Evans »

Regarding the time displayed by the Google calendar:
Normally your will have your time set to your own local time. When you make an entry in the Google calendar, Google will interpret it as referring to your local time. So you need to give the time that the event will happen where you are, not the Pacific time.

The calendar I made is set to display US Pacific coast time no matter where it is displayed. So, for an event to be scheduled for noon pacific coast time, someone in Maryland would schedule it for 3 pm, the time they would mark on their calendar. -- SE
These users thanked the author Selby Evans for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Here's a quick update on the KWC coffee area board, including inworld photos and a bit more about future plans:

http://www.kitely.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 742#p10742

The visuals in Dundridge's post update in real time and demonstrate how the inworld board works and how the underlying coding can produce an external web page as well.
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

The problem with using the events section of forum alone is that most folks in Kitely do not read or participate in the forums. When hosting an event, I will try to use all possible places to get the word out and forum will be one of them. It would be lovely if there something on the main Kitely page that linked people to our events calendar. Alas, that would be asking for yet another change and more labor from our fearless and (seemingly) tireless tireless leaders. So I am not asking. Just saying.

Freda/Steph
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansHandy Low
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We're considering doing something to help event coordination on the site after we finish rolling out full hypergrid support.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Handy LowSelby EvansRamesh Ramloll
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Is this still on the to-do list? I understand there might be reasons why not.
Ilan on 28 April 2014 wrote:We're considering doing something to help event coordination on the site after we finish rolling out full hypergrid support.
To embed the Kitely calendar directly, here's the link:
Kitely Events Calendar

Code: Select all

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?title=Kitely%20Events%20Calendar&mode=AGENDA&height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=857iq9v0nfqrg3qmt4e00n53rc%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23AB8B00&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles
By the way, when posting an event, various metaverse travellers find it handy to have the hypergrid address placed in the "Where" field. That way it pops up directly when people click on the event, and they can then copy and paste it into their viewer map. It saves a lot of scrolling. I realise not everyone agrees with this. Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Selby Evans