Party?

Current and upcoming events
Freda Frostbite

Party?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

At today's community meeting the topic of community building came up and that led to a discussion of what helps to build community. Obviously, one thing that draws people together is shared activity, events. Sooooooo we got to talking about the possibility of holding a special splish-splashy all-Kitely event, likely a party/dance. This would be something for everyone to attend (assuming they want to).

So let's start with that question---

Vote yay or nay please BEFORE we dive into discussion of specifics. If it turns out most folks here are not interested in partying together, then there is no further discussion necessary.

So.... yay or nay? Do you want to party like its 2014 with your virtual neighbors?
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 3):
Sherrie MelodyShandon LoringSelby Evans
Amiryu Hosoi

Re: Party?

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Hey Freda,

yes, I would love to have a monthly party where we could chat, dance, have fun but I think it needs to be a Kitely thing. Maybe Ilan can get some people together to form a special team to manage, build and host the parties. Another thing is, I would like to see these parties announced on the index page of Kitely, let people know we have events! Also, I think the parties should be held in the Kitely welcome area to attract new people. I know Ilan and Oren are very busy but thats what running a business is about. There are enough talented people out there that are willing to help but I also think people should stick to there trade. Please dont let scripters do logotype or designers manage events...

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

I say yes to all kinds of get-together events. Official, non-official, professional, amateur, educational, ridiculous, it's all good. :D
These users thanked the author Serene Jewell for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixShandon LoringMoonrise Azalee
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Yay!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Amiryu,

My take is that there are people I've grown to trust in the community to be able to do certain kinds of task but that as this is all volunteer work it has to come from the community for this to be efficient. It would be great if people divided into groups based on abilities but that isn't always the case and it may send the wrong message if we turn away free help when it's generously offered by community members. In the end, what we choose to make official has to comply with various requirements, and there is no reason to reject contributions that comply with those requirements just based on the contributor's lack of professional credentials.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Shandon Loring
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Regrets that I could not attend the meeting today. Seanchai Library is all about events, we had our first in Kitely last Friday, followed by dancing. (oopsee, Miney, Selby great help in getting dances going. Terrific DJing from BigRedCoyote). Great time had by all!

We will be simulcasting (audio & video) from SL on Thursday evening (today), then a Friday evening event in Kitely, and another on Sunday morning after Devokan, (simulcasting back to SL btw). Freda is doing much on Poesy too.

All that said... We of course embrace the idea of events and community building. Our struggle at this time is how to get the word out and build audience. Selby and Handy have been generous helping out the community with event calendaring.

Question:
Are we working towards a standard event notification system? Is Events Forum the best method? Web based instead of just inworld is great, helpful to HG visitors, if they know where to look? I'm also a little unsure of the best way to include a Landmark on an event listing. Ideas?
I do like Ami's idea of an Event Link on the index page.

(Count this as a Yay in Freda's poll)
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Although I have, and do continue to try, attended some events here, I am primarily waiting on the enabling of HG.

It is more a time and energy thing nowadays and having to focus on things that are especially important to me in all this, and I still do much in private ways.

There have been some events of note that occurred prior to some folx arriving. We had Torben Asp Perform for us for the Murder, Inc. closing ceremony, which, if my memory is right, we had up to 18 ppl attend, which is actually pretty good. http://www.torbenasp.com/

Andremus Miklos is ready to perform here now also. http://andremusmiklos.com/

Both would need some of my behind the scenes people connecting kinda of thing to get it going, in some small regards, which I am willing to do in private.

I could also ask Russell Eponym if he would be interested but that would require a bit of help from others to help him get settled in, but if he wanted to, then I could help make introductions, though this would all take some time unless he has the time to come in and start the process right away, which I never know for sure, of course.

So, I guess it's a qualified "yay" lol

Are there folx here who have run events of this nature?
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Spiral Silverstar

Post by Spiral Silverstar »

Depending on When such a party is held, I'd be glad to attend!
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Half a Yay. The only reason I would attend a Kitely party is to get things to report on in my blog. I am interested in community building in Kitely and would attend a series of meetings with the goal of building and promoting communities in Kitely. Promoting especially to the outworld. Outworld= opposite of inworld. The general idea I would advocate is a Kitely Chamber of Commerce which would encourage and facilitate various community building and promotional activities, including parties, hunts, entertainment events, etc., along with promotional support such as, blogs, videos, Kitely Calendar, and social media,

From an article in the works:

List of key communities and potential communities in virtual worlds
  • Socializers who spend their time hanging out and meeting new people
    Artists who create sculptures, images or video using the Second Life platform
    Fashionistas who enjoy shopping and showing off their looks
    Role Players who participate in organized games or informal communities
    Entertainers who play music or participate in theater, dance or comedy performances
    Educators who use Second Life as an extension of RL classes
    Patrons of the Arts who visit galleries and art exhibitions, listen to live music, attend theatrical performances, etc
    Merchants who create and sell products or services
    Land Developers who acquire, improve and rent land
    Professional and Semi-Professional Content Creators who create and sell products
    Explorers who spend most of their time visiting new places
    Bloggers who write about virtual worlds
Adapted from Botgirl Questi:
http://www.botgirl.com/2014/03/linden-l ... -days.html

My additions:
  • Poets and poetry aficionados
    Fiction writers and story-tellers
    Video producers and script writers who make videos for entertainment and sales
Freda Frostbite

Post by Freda Frostbite »

and here I thought it was such a simple question. "Do you want an all-Kitely party or not?" Straight-forward. Yes or no answer. Simple.

Evidently not.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post (total 2):
oopsee joseppeSherrie Melody